Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2017, 11:42 PM   #15
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnegatepic View Post
Never heard of a particular order but we always make sure we are aired up before the FWS is brought in therefore it is our last one since we have the engine running. For some reason our bedroom will not come in with the engine on so that comes in first, and then of course the kitchen.
I have the same issue with the bedroom slide. Don't understand why it is different than the other two slides.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2017, 05:30 AM   #16

Interesting, I was not told of any specific order to bring them in. In fact at my PDI, they brought both kitchen and FWS in at the same time. The only thing I do, is bring up jacks, air up, then move slides with motor off. Usually start with bedroom first, then front slides. Unhook and off we go.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #17

My question was not necessary after all. I was planning on just bringing in the FWS where I could plan on where to put my stuff in the compartments. But I went to get my new tags at the Alabama DMV this morning and I was shocked when they said I had to bring in the motorhome. So I had to close in all the slides anyway. I will make the trip early Monday morning back to the DMV where I can park and hopefully not get blocked in.

I have no idea what they want to see in the motorhome. I had all the correct paperwork with the weights noted.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
bring in the coach for your tags ?!?!
That is weird !
I could see if they want to ensure you have it inspected, but for just tags ?

Maybe for taxation valuation ???
Old 07-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
bring in the coach for your tags ?!?!
That is weird !
I could see if they want to ensure you have it inspected, but for just tags ?

Maybe for taxation valuation ???
They should be able to get that info from the bill of sale. I had certificates from Freightliner and Newmar showing the dates it was built plus the weights. To make it worse their parking lot is not the best setup for a 41' motorhome. I plan on getting there extra early and take as many spots as I need to.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:44 AM   #20

Will pick up my new Ventanna 4037 next week and reading this post with interest. What is the Reveal that you are talking about? On my old coach I always plug in before moving the slides. Bill
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratiffin View Post
Will pick up my new Ventanna 4037 next week and reading this post with interest. What is the Reveal that you are talking about? On my old coach I always plug in before moving the slides. Bill

Looking at the coach from the outside, the reveal is the gap (space) between the slide out and the body of the coach. It should be fairly even on all 4 areas. Top, sides, and bottom.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #22

Could it be they want to verify the VIN on the coach against the paperwork? I know that sounds crazy, but I registered my coach and truck in Florida along with getting Florida Drivers License and they insisted I bring my truck so they could verify the VIN even though I had the VA Title.

Even funnier, I brought the deed to my property and they still wanted to see an electric bill. Must be something to do with Patriot Act, maybe? Anyway, I complied and all is good.

Hope all goes well for you on Monday.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #23

Sooo the OP's original question was about is there a particular order/sequence of operating the slides. My BR slide will also not come in when engine is running, has anyone ever inquired of Newmar, a) is this supposed to work this way? b) Why? the other two will come in with engine running.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:07 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Keeping this simple. The only thing to remember is whatever process you did to extend the slides, reverse that process to retract the slides.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Keeping this simple. The only thing to remember is whatever process you did to extend the slides, reverse that process to retract the slides.
That is the exact process that I was told to do.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:08 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp7 View Post
I have the same issue with the bedroom slide. Don't understand why it is different than the other two slides.
the reason is...the FWS is hydraulic and running the engine doesn't affect it at all the other s slides are electric and will not work with the engine running...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:03 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
the reason is...the FWS is hydraulic and running the engine doesn't affect it at all the other s slides are electric and will not work with the engine running...Chuck

I don't think the Ventana has the hydraulic FWS - they don't have a flat, all tiled floor.
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide