Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2018, 08:35 PM   #1

Ordered 2019 Newmar Baystar 3124

Just ordered a new Baystar 3124 from Tom Lindstrom. Should be here in March. Gonna be a Long wait!
mholgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #2

The wife and I have a 2017 BayStar 3124 . We also ordered from the factory. We ordered some custom features to be made. Upon delivery not only were the custom features included but they were exceptional. It was well worth the wait for us. We trust that you will enjoy your coach as much as we do enjoy ours.
fhmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum! And, enjoy the new rig....the wait will be worth it!!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:57 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Congratulations! We have a 2018 Bay Star 3406 ordered from the factory a well, including specials. You will love it.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #5

Congratulations, you will love it

Zzotte
Old 12-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
KJR

What is the process to order? Do you list out the options, the dealer then calculates the MSRP then you start to negotiate the final price? What is an average discount considering no trade and no financing.

What is a typical deposit and if you have to back out is there a refund or penalty cost?

How are special orders priced? We are considering ordering a Bay Star 3408. I’d like to get the vinyl tile laid in the bedroom vs the standard carpet and if possible tile laid in the cockpit floor.

Thanks

KJR
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Asking these same questions except about a Canyon Star
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #8

What is the process to order? Do you list out the options, the dealer then calculates the MSRP then you start to negotiate the final price? What is an average discount considering no trade and no financing.

What is a typical deposit and if you have to back out is there a refund or penalty cost?

How are special orders priced? We are considering ordering a Bay Star 3408. I’d like to get the vinyl tile laid in the bedroom vs the standard carpet and if possible tile laid in the cockpit floor.

Thanks

KJR

Hi KJR,
We have bought from Tom in the past and it is so easy to work with him. But whoever you decide to buy from you would pick your RV and sit down with them and go over an option list. I am confident that Tom has given me his best deal as he has in the past. You just need to figure out what you would like to spend an work from there. I don't know what a typical deposit would be and did not ask about a refund. You will get more answers from your local salesperson.

Good luck with your shopping!
mholgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #9

If I could re-order my 2018 3406 there are a few more options I would have asked for

1. 2 more outlets in kitchen area. The only outlet in the whole kitchen is one mounted underneath the cabinets. There are none in the back walls. Personally I would have asked that the one mounted underneath the cabinet be mounted on the back wall as well because it is very cumbersome to hang cords down from it when using appliances.

2. 12V USB outlets on both sides of bed. I was naive in thinking that this would be standard (it is not).

3. Outlet in passenger area connected to inverter. When boondocking this is my desk area and need to charge the laptop. Also my wife is my secretary and answers my emails while I am driving

4. LED lights in outside bays. Not only for power saving, but the ones there are really dim.

5. Install (dimable) light bar at end of awning that would be visible whether awning is out or not. The single porch light is useless (can't even see my keys).

6. Induction instead of propane cooktop. Doubt they would have done this though.

7. All outlets to include USB. No more finding your charging blocks.
rayza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"mholgate".....Congrats.....as most find, Tom is great to work with.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #11

We ordered our 3113 from Tom. Great experience. Congrats and may the time between now and March fly by for you
Old 12-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #12

I love the 3124 floor plan and that was my my number 1 pick and nearly bought one. Bought a used Dutch Star instead. Absolutely love it too!

Congratulations and lots of excitement to come. Hope to see you on the road.

Tags
newmar