Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ordering a new DS!

Well we finally have the make, (Newmar) and the model, (Dutchstar 4002), and will be ordering a new one in about a year.
There is a wealth of information already on here but would like any input as to your exp.
It looks like a trip out to visit Holly is in order.
It looks like we fill out a build sheet and then send that to numerous dealers for a quote.
We would like to do a factory p/u so we can tour the east while learning the coach, and any issues th as t may pop up the first few months.

Your opinion, good plan?
What dealers have you all ben happy with when ordering?

Let's just say we are excited.
Thank you!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Good choice of Coach. As you can see in my signature, we have the DS 4002 as well. Love the layout having dining table on door side.

We did the factory pick up and had met with Michelle Howard at Newmar to go over all the changes and customization. We had already made the deal with North Trail in Florida, but had not confirmed all the customs. The deal we had was any further customization would have the same percent off as the overall coach discount. I've heard others have met with Newmar first to finish up all the customs, but to keep it simple I would go the other way around. Get quotes for a coach with all the standard options you want, but with an agreement any further customs will be at a fixed percent discount. North Trail didn't blink an eye at that, and were very good to deal with throughout. By the way, our coach has never been to Florida!
WYRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Tman59 -

We ordered a 2016 DSDP 4018 last month and expect to pick it up at the factory in late May. Factory pick-up was not a difficult decision for us after reading a bunch of positive comments about the experience form others. Our dealer even thought it was a good idea IF we had the time. We do, so we are.

My buying experience has been a little different that many others on this forum primarily because we live in Honolulu. This made dealer and RV show visits a little more difficult. It was important to me to find a reputable dealer for 2 reasons; 1) I would be negotiating the purchase long distance, and 2) I would need to leave the coach on the "mainland" when not touring.

I ultimately selected National Indoor RV Center in Lewisville, TX because they offer a level service I found quite attractive, including; sales, maintenance, detailing, indoor storage and pre-arrival prep services. Many on this forum gave NIRV Center high marks and Texas as a mainland home base made sense in our situation. They have a facility just outside of Atlanta as well.

The purchase process up to this point (coach on order) has exceeded my expectations so I'm recommending NIRVC. If Texas makes sense to you, contact Bobby Tackett at 469-277-8395 (desk) or 903-241-5554 (cell). Bobby doesn't play games and has been a good advisor to us.

Feel free to direct message me if you would like to talk live, I would be happy to answer your questions. In another few months, I'll have had the delivery experience too!

Best of luck!
Capt. Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you! Yes it's Michelle, and I have read about North Trails often.
The drivers side kitchen and camp side table is very important to us.
We would like the bed facing passenger side, with a larger window.
We like windows and the 4002 is a great layout for us.
Is there someone at North Trails you can recommend we deal with?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
My sales person at North Trail was Dan "Diesel" Cutting. I highly recommend him.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Again, thank you! This is the kind of support that I have found with the Monaco Owners forum.
We live in the NW so linking the p/u with an east coast trip works great.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Thank you! Yes it's Michelle, and I have read about North Trails often.
The drivers side kitchen and camp side table is very important to us.
We would like the bed facing passenger side, with a larger window.
We like windows and the 4002 is a great layout for us.
Is there someone at North Trails you can recommend we deal with?
We met with Dan Cutting at North Trail, who I can easily recommend. Highly recommend the Factory pick-up.
WYRon is offline   Reply With Quote