Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2008, 04:04 AM   #71

Here's a adjustable door handle(available at your favorite RV parts store) for those with screen doors that are hard to hang onto. We added to our rear screen door.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:11 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally posted by Dav5942:
Here's a adjustable door handle(available at your favorite RV parts store) for those with screen doors that are hard to hang onto. We added to our rear screen door.
I was just looking at this handle for our new Kountry Aire last week when I was at the dealer, Wilkins RV in Bath, NY. They were selling this handle for something like $8.00 so it is pretty inexpensive.

The only reservation I had was whether the small screws that come with the handle would hold if you were holding onto it in windy conditions. The service guy at the dealership said he would rivet it to the door for me.

Our new Kountry Aire is still at the dealership for repairs, and I just might get one of the handles installed when we go back to get the trailer the week after next.

John
Old 04-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally posted by MT flyfisher:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dav5942:
I was just looking at this handle for our new Kountry Aire last week when I was at the dealer, Wilkins RV in Bath, NY. They were selling this handle for something like $8.00 so it is pretty inexpensive.

The only reservation I had was whether the small screws that come with the handle would hold if you were holding onto it in windy conditions. The service guy at the dealership said he would rivet it to the door for me.

Our new Kountry Aire is still at the dealership for repairs, and I just might get one of the handles installed when we go back to get the trailer the week after next.

John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So far the screws have held up fine, but if it became a problem they could be thru bolted no problem.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats John on your new Kountry Aire.
I have a son in these parts known as the "Salty Wader" who takes people out, fly fishing, for stripers off Plum Is. and N.E. coast.
Many safe miles in your new coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 06-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #75

Newmar Owners Club
Need additional temporary hanging space for clothes that have been washed but need to hang for drying? Go to the following links to see a cheap and easy solution.

Credit goes to the June issue of the FMCA magazine. The wife saw a picture of this and it immediately jumped to the top of my immediate to do list. It was like a do it before we leave on the next trip to do.

The brackets can be purchased at the hardware store of your choice. The rod is 1" PVC cut to length. The total project time was a couple of hours.

Go here and here for two views of the hanging rod brackets.

Go here and here for views of the clothes hanging rod installed.

I did use screws a couple of inches long hoping I would screw into something solid. Unfortunately, neither screw hit anything solid. The support comes from the screws being in the plastic and the rod being a snug fit, not allowing any side to side movement.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
This is about shoe storage. Those shoes we wear outside that tend to track who knows what into the coach. It's one of those purchases that when you see it, you know it is for you.

Go here to see the shoe storage accessory installed at the coach entry. It holds 5 pairs of shoes. The kids can't miss it. As a side benefit, the holder makes adults move a bit to the left when entering the coach. This keeps folks from hitting their head on the TV.

This was purchased at CW.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:08 AM   #77

Added 32" TV to rear Salon wall
Old 12-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
It is a bit late, but here are the photos of the rear air bag restrictors I installed about a year ago. I am due to complete yearly maintenance in the next couple of days. While completing the front end, I will take pictures of the front air bag restrictors and upload them to iRV2.

Right Rear Air Bag Restrictor Picture #1
Right Rear Air Bag Restrictor Picture #2
Left Rear Air Bag Restricture Picture #1
Left Rear Air Bag Restrictor Picture #2
Left Rear Air Bag Restrictor Picture #3

On edit, I failed to get pictures of the front air bag restrictors. I have no excuse, I just forgot. Maybe next year.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #79

Entertainment Center Upgrade(outside)-while sitting at Hog Valley(over Thanksgiving) one night, watching a cayote walk by and looking at Venus and Jupiter lining up, we glanced over at the 26" outside entertainment center from a nice warm fire to check out the score of a football game(volume turned off) and realized-in order to see the TV from the fire we needed a bigger TV-

Old 26"

New 37"

In the process we got rid of the old analog LCD and got a new digital LCD. And painted the white inside of hatch cover beige to match the coach.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #80

Quote:
got rid of the old analog LCD and got a new digital LCD
Hi Dave! Are you going to move the radio, or just not use it? Nice job! Looks much nicer with the struts moved over and the much larger TV. Of course the bottle opener survived the refit! Paul
Old 12-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #81

Thanks, Gary and Paul:

Gary, we completely removed the existing sheet of whatever it is(corian look alike), which gained us a lot more usable space in the entertainment center area. We left the existing swing mount exactly as it was. Had to find the right 37" to fit. We did find a new thin line 40" that would have fit but it was a little out of our budget.
Added an adapter to the existing mount for the top and drilled two holes in the swing mount bottom to hold the 8"X8" mounting of the 37" TV.

Paul, we moved the radio into the upper left hand corner-just visable in the picture. We might later move it lower(as there is plenty of room for it) but works good for now.

And we did get rid of the adjustable strut brackets just raising the orginal brackets to allow for the hatch to open all the way up.

Used a jig saw for the holes for the speakers(about 3" of clearace behind the speakers).

Also moved the AC outlet to right behind the TV, works great for another outlet for whatever use.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #82

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Paul,
Air bag restrictors keep the air, in the bags, from freely moving in an out as one drives down the road. They do not stop the movement but severely restrict it. The benefit is the coach no longer rocks/rolls from side to side. When trucks pass, side winds hit or entering or leaving a J, at an angle to the street (or any other angled entry/exit). The coach is now solid. It moves once (which one would expect) and that is it. This means much better control and a much more pleasant ride.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:19 AM   #83

Hi Gary! Thanks for the answer. I did not know what they were. I would imagine you could not use them with coaches that have the Hadley Air System (EX: Essex & King Aire)? Paul
Old 12-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #84

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Paul,
I do not know about the Hadley system. Go here to see the product. Their number is 888-898-3281. Give them a call and ask. These people have been around a long time and have an outstanding reputation (they are in the Pacific Time Zone).
Closed Thread