RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2015, 10:23 PM   #15
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We've had our 2015 Ventana 4037 for exactly 7 months now.

Engine cover has a paint defect, repair approved by Newmar, yet to be repaired due to personal schedule.

Windshield washer pump, replaced by Newmar, installed by me.

Steering wheel installed one notch crooked. Repaired by Freightliner service facility.

So far that's it.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2015, 12:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
They don't get paid their normal rates for warranty work so a lot will refuse to do warranty work on units they didn't sell (and make a profit on the sale). Why turn away full pay work to get paid less for the same number of hours. Newmar dealers are allowed (as are most RV dealers) to do this.
Because they are Newmar dealers that's why. That's like saying I bought a Ford took it to a Ford dealer and they refused the work. Wouldn't happen. Shouldn't happen. I would be calling the Newmar owner telling him to do something about the problem. Newmar should make it a requirement of their dealers to have to perform warranty work. The more I read about RVs the less apt I am to buy one.

TC51D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:55 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
We picked up our 2015 DSDP 4369 in last November. We currently have over 14000 miles on it. The most serious (and only) mechanical problem we had was a broken weld on the Onan generator oil pan, which was fixed by Cummins. We had problem with the FWS front tile protector for breaking, which was fixed by adding a shim to the metal ramp. We have one outstanding issue which is a 2015 early DSDP problem. Due to a material quality problem, the beading wearing on the furniture prematurely. Newmar and Villa is working on a solution and we are confident that it will be resolved when we return to Nappanee. Oh, I almost forgot, we had a spot on the tile which we thought was a scratch. It turned out to be grout, which was cleaned by Newmar.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:56 AM   #18

2013 Ventana 3634
Delivered in Dec 2012 now with 16,000 miles
During warranty we adjusted transmission to shift , adjusted main awnings, front slide awning, driver seat stopped moving, basement doors adjusted, and door step rebuilt.

After warranty we have replaced the Maytag ice maker, rear slide motor, outside TV and radio, shower sewer trap, black tank meter, GIF plug, 3 Coax tv connectors, 1HDMI cable, two front tires and realignment, and 2 headlights (road damage)
Vivarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC51D View Post
Because they are Newmar dealers that's why. That's like saying I bought a Ford took it to a Ford dealer and they refused the work. Wouldn't happen. Shouldn't happen. I would be calling the Newmar owner telling him to do something about the problem. Newmar should make it a requirement of their dealers to have to perform warranty work. The more I read about RVs the less apt I am to buy one.
I agree with you. But it was just 20 or so short years ago that car dealers got away with the very same thing. Worse yet less than ten years ago there were GM dealers (others as well) that didn't have a tire balance machine or alignment rack and when GM closed some of those point when they were in trouble people raised all kinds of heck calling GM, Ford and Chrysler bullies for closing mom and pop stores. Think about it they sell millions a year while the RV industry is in the thousands. Just not the same clout.

But the good news is the good dealers won't give you any trouble.

2018 DS DP 4369 #607121 Cummins ISL9 450 HP
"We are from, where ever we were yesterday"
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar