Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #1

Owners With One Year Old Newmars

Due to some of recent threads I wanted to throw this out there. I would like to hear from all owners who bought a NEW Newmar and now have one year of ownership under there belts and tell us what issues,if any,they have had with there coach and how was it resolved.Not looking for the recent purchase owner,those with time and travels on the coach. So with that criteria, may we please here from all those owners.
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
We brought our latest one last September a 2014 MA 4360 this is our 5th Newmar only new ones has been a 08 DS now this one. Only minor problem with this one all slides had to be adjusted after 8 months of travel one cracked tile villa had to redo both sofas way to soft new stuffing did the job, two ac units went out. This about all the trouble we have had most things were fixed at the factory others at the international. We have had very good service from the company no matter where we are most things are minor a phone call to service and the parts are shipped to us. We have friends with other brands and after listening to there problems we don't have any complaints. Most of our problems has been from the supplier not Newmar. Service is 2nd to none and Newmar family also
snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:27 PM   #3

We bought our 2014 Ventana in Nov. 2014, so we have ( 2 ) years full-timing under our belts. Major issues - Full wall slide motor replaced, ( 2 ) Frigidare Microwave Ovens replaced. All work completed under warranty by mobile RV service outfits in Texas and South Carolina. Returned to factory on ( 1 ) yr anniversary with a list of ( 12 ) items requiring adjustment / touchup. All fixed at no cost. Very happy with Newmar service. Dealer we encountered in Texas was useless / refused warranty work.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:40 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by britcon View Post
Dealer we encountered in Texas was useless / refused warranty work.
They don't get paid their normal rates for warranty work so a lot will refuse to do warranty work on units they didn't sell (and make a profit on the sale). Why turn away full pay work to get paid less for the same number of hours. Newmar dealers are allowed (as are most RV dealers) to do this.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:53 PM   #5

We bought ours in February 2014, so far we have put about 10,000 miles on it and have spent over 150 nights in it. We have taken two trips that were over a month long. The only issues we have had are the micro wave recall, some minor adjustments, two switches replaced, and a headlight assembly that needed to be replaced(which we knew at the time of delivery).

All of the repairs made were done on two different trips to the Dealer, we got to stay with the MH, and took it home the same day on both trips. So far we are very happy with both the quality of our MH as well as the customer service after the sale.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:08 AM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Ours is 18 months old and has 18000 miles. The dash blower motor was making noise the first trip. I replaced it myself in about two hours. The dealer was delighted that I did my own work and had a new one for me the next day.

The microwave on ours never failed, but I didn't like it. I removed it and replaced it with a Sharp that we were use to. It was at the same time that info was surfacing about the microwave issues. My dealer wrote me a check for the cost of the Sharp and I gave him back the one that came with the coach.

I have had two check engine lights occur. The second time I took it to Cummins and they reworked the EGR, about 6 hours. That was the first and last time I took it in. I also found a loose steering box, Freightliner issue, I tightened it, problem resolved.

I've had no slide issues since purchasing new. I guess all those guys who say buy used to prevent having problems with a new coach were right. This new coach cost me 6 hours at the shop in 18 months of ownership.......just terrible performance.....I think I should sell!!!!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:32 AM   #7

We have had ours for 14mo. have put 25k mi on it,only 2 newmar items short in elect. panel fixed by newmar,the other was water switch I fixed myself newmar sent me the switch.
The other items were all cummins related, gen. had coolant leak engine has had fuel return line leak 2 times on same cyl. fixed by cumm. and they paid for tow bill.
We have had no problems with the slides and they have been put in and out a lot since new.
We have loved our ventana and would buy newmar again.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:42 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
2014 Newmar Vantana LE with 16 thousand miles. Entry door rattle, water pump quit (found answer on IRV2) part $20 and 10 minutes labor. And thats it folks.
AKmtnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:53 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
2014 Ventana, one year old last week. Water pump controller and black tank rinse anti-siphon valve had to be replaced. Forward AC replaced. All repairs done quickly and efficiently under warranty at Independence RV in Orlando.
MD-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:23 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I've had no slide issues since purchasing new. I guess all those guys who say buy used to prevent having problems with a new coach were right. This new coach cost me 6 hours at the shop in 18 months of ownership.......just terrible performance.....I think I should sell!!!!
Unfortunately there are some that think that way.

You know "we paid $$$ and it should never break".
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Bought our 2015 Ventana Mod 4003 in Oct last year. Have 10,000 miles logged. Here is a summary of issues that we have had addressed over the year. We just left Nappannee for our first year warranty follow up - all items repaired/replaced under warranty as noted by Newmar, Freightliner or Cummins:

Engine stalling at low rpm's - repaired at Cummins Svc Center Mobile, AL - trash in fuel pump.

Dash fuel gauge not registering full - repaired at FTL Svc Center Pensacola, FL

Multiple pull up cabinet hinges popping out - repaired by Newmar at Int'l Rally and again at recent factory visit - (hinge holes were glued and fastened for 24 hours before reinstalling) - hinges are holding so far.

GPS went dead - repaired at factory however GPS still not working properly - will be following up with factory this week.

Drivers side big slide (not FWS) failed to close - repaired at Int'l Rally and at factory -- motor controller replaced multiple times - seems to be working ok now.

Ceiling air conditioner cover started coming apart at corners - replaced at factory

Spot under Diamond Shield on hood - hood removed, repainted and new Diamond Shield replaced at factory.

Replaced windshield washer pump at factory

Cloudy window in bath replaced at factory.

Tile protectors replaced and metal shims installed at factory - protectors working perfectly now - no twisting or breaking when rollers roll over tiles.

Black tank re-calibrated to allow "Full" designation on monitor prior to red light coming on macerator toilet - never got past 2/3 designation when red light came on.

Many other minor adjustments/alignments completed at this months factory visit (remaining slides, basement doors, interior trim - all repaired as requested.

Although this seems like a lengthy list we feel that we have resolved all the first year issues and were, as always very pleased with the work, help and support from Jonas Gingrich and his factory support team and special kudo's to our rep., Dave Howell at the factory.

Reply if you have any further questions or would like any additional details on our experiences.
cstar5634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:11 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
I have a 2012 Ventana and have had several issues that were resolved at the factory service center. The list includes: Replaced rear air conditioner, broken bedroom slide shaft, windshield wiper motor and arm replacement, Oasis system fluid leak in burner box, black tank valve replacement, and vacuum break and seal replacement on toilet. Just got back from a 5300 mile trip and no issues. I believe I have worked through the new motorhome bugs.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #13

We bought our 2014 Bay Star in August 2014.
Dash radio display stopped working - Newmar sent me the replacement and I swapped it out.
Sub Woofer stopped working - Newmar sent me the replacement and I swapped it out.
Mini Strut screws pulled out of the bottom of the buffet table - I fixed using larger screws.
Main slide forward cog, jumped a tooth - Newmar paid for a mobile mechanic to come to the house and adjust the slide.

Also most recently (2 weeks ago, and out of warranty) I called because I couldn't get the water heater fired off on gas. Within 10 minutes I was conferenced in with a Attwood Technician who helped me diagnose and fix the problem.

I have no complaints about Newmar's Customer Service.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We picked up our new Ventana at the factory April 2014. We had our outside TV replaced by Newmar after 1 year and also our outside entry step motor went where Nemwar also replaced after 1 year. We now have over 17k miles and love the rig. No major issues at all.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar