RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #1

Parking brake buzzer

Can anyone tell me please the location of the low air parking brake buzzer on a 2010 Dutchstar 4010.

lleduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #2

If it's like our '13, it's buried in the wire harness on the firewall. Just to the left of the steering column.

AND I mean buried, dead in the middle of the largest bundle of wires under there.

I stuffed mine full of various insulations to make it quieter. Now it's just load enough to hear without blasting you out of the cab.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Mine is in the same spot. I took mine off and replaced it with one from Radio Shack. I really wanted the one that Monaco uses, but they're no longer available. Then I thought about the one in my Chevy truck, but it's complicated and expensive. I found two at Radio Shack, bought both and picked the one that sounded the best. Mines still audible, but no longer makes you want to shoot yourself.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #4

Parking brake buzzer

Thank you both for your help. My husband was able locate, and quiet, the buzzer. You're right about the sound, it was driving us, and more importantly, our yellow lab crazy. He kept trying to get out of the coach!!! Why do they have to make these things so darn loud anyway. Thanks again.
lleduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleduc View Post
Thank you both for your help. My husband was able locate, and quiet, the buzzer. You're right about the sound, it was driving us, and more importantly, our yellow lab crazy. He kept trying to get out of the coach!!! Why do they have to make these things so darn loud anyway. Thanks again.
I think they make them loud so that if you are on the road with stero playing, they want to make sure you will hear it, if you start losing air, or have some other problem. Most likely a liability issue with the manufacturer.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Parking brake buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lleduc View Post
........Why do they have to make these things so darn loud anyway.......

They are made loud and aggravating precisely so you will react to them! If you had a "warning" with a gentle, soothing tone, you could easily learn to ignore it for some period of time until you get around to servicing the coach. Sort of defeats the purpose.

The builders could install a cutout switch on every warning alarm, as they do on aircraft. How do you suppose that would work out? ;-)

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake