Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Does Newmar do a full wheel alignment in all axles as part of the final build, or is this something the customer needs to do?
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Does Newmar do a full wheel alignment in all axles as part of the final build, or is this something the customer needs to do?
I thought that's what the rudder was for with Active Air??!!??

And no, the chassis manufacturer does it AFAIK. I can't wait to see your new spoke rims.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsonger47 View Post
With great interest I've read the Freightliner vs. Spartan thread about steerable tags. I have two observations to make.

1) I see a lot of coaches with tags while working KOAs in the summer. This past summer we were at a campground where a steerable tag was an asset. That includes the tags where the owner thinks to take the pressure off the tag. A steerable tag is impressive to watch and the pavement doesn't take a beating.

2) If you like Freightliner, go with Freightliner. If you like Spartan, go with Spartan. The same can be said for tires; if you like Michelin, stick with them and if you like Good Year...you get the picture. Both have advantages and both have issues. To me, service is the important issue and I live closer to South Carolina than Michigan. Guess which I choose.

Variety makes a horse race[emoji1303]
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #60

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
When I picked my coach up in Oct 2016 they were only doing a 2 wheel line up and it was done by an outside shop not Newmar. I talked to one of the service managers along with his manager and they have discussed building a place to do a full wheel alignment so you may want to check to see if that has been done yet.
freen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #61
Rd1

Quote:

Newmar is supposed to do the alignment (toe/steer axle) as well as the ride height adjustment, due to the additional weight from the coach buildup. original chassis are 'supposed' to have all wheel alignment from the chassis oem, prior to delivery to body builder.

It is my understanding, on these chassis (at least the hi-line+tag), single axle alignments are not relevant, they need to be all wheel.

The new building does have an alignment bay, it was not ready as of mid july.

If your unit is a freightliner with tag axle, you might want to press them to have the alignment checked after delivery.
Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Had a 15DS 4369 on a FL chassis but with no passive steering.
Now we have a 17 LA on a Spartan with passive steering.
My experience, You can not tell the difference!
Of course I did see the out of alignment tag on 16 models on FL chassis!
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd1 View Post
The new building does have an alignment bay, it was not ready as of mid july.
Just did a FPU 6/10/19. The first bay in bldg. 42 is for the alignment. Tech told me they are awaiting final financing to finish it.
cookieiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner, spartan