Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
So.......I just got a third recall notice for PDM testing/replacement with campaign # 19V426 even though I had the test done at Freightliner for recall 788B. I’m assuming this is a continuation of 788B. My PDM was not replaced as Freightliner testing showed my PDM as ok. This seems like a [Moderator Edit]... by Freightliner to me. Sure hope my PDM continues to function properly
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2019, 06:11 PM   #16

Recalls FL788A-O, 18V-852, 19V426

Well described as a [Moderator Edit].

NHTSA lists 18V-852

Freightliner DTNA lists FL788A-O

Newmar lists 19V 426

All have the same verbiage of symptoms and repair. It's real concerning when you've already had the coach in for recalls 18V-852 and FL788B, then months later getting a letter from Newmar with a recall statement, listing the same symptoms with a new recall number. Yes, there is no connection between DTNA and Newmar. WHY NOT? The left hand knows not what the right hand is doing.

Upon calling my Freightliner dealer and spending more time than it should have taken, they have told me to ignore the 19V426 Newmar letter, since the problem was already addressed via FL788B and 18V-852.

Dang, I sure wish one of these companies (agencies) would cross-reference each other's numbering system when there are apparently 3 numbers floating around for the same malady. Actually, since Newmar was the last to the party, they should have listed the other 2 numbers if in fact they are all the same issue.

I've written the same comments to Newmar customer service, with no response, yet.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:01 PM   #17

I had the PDM replaced on our 2018 Palazzo 33.2 after owning and driving it for 3 months. Thank God, none of the driving was at night because ours was bad and I didn't know until I received the pre-recall letter and checked.
On a seperate/related (?) note, I have a single blue wire coming from a loose ~12 pin square connector hanging under my dash, which goes to the AC box on the other side of the firewall and then all the way back to the engine AC compressor. It is clearly an add on afterthought looking wire (by itself the whole way and not in any protective sleeve or even tied or routed with the factory wiring. I wonder if this was a patch at the factory for an undiagnosed PDM related issue.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:11 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydnar View Post

NHTSA lists 18V-852

Freightliner DTNA lists FL788A-O

Newmar lists 19V 426

I've written the same comments to Newmar customer service, with no response, yet.
Newmar customer service has responded and confirmed that all three recall numbers are for the same recall.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #19

Update on my experience with the PDM on my 2019 NADP. I went to get a state inspection and found that I had no taillights, no left rear turn signal and dash air was not cooling. Called Freightliner of Houston and got an appointment. I talked with 3 different people, including the tech, and told them that the module had already failed, and they agreed to get a module on hand and hold it for me. I told them that I wanted the module replaced even if it tested ok. Of course, the tech, a very meticulous fellow, followed the recall instructions and tested the old module. It tested ok. He called me and told me the good news and that he had reinstalled the old module. I told him to install the new module and charge me for it. When I went to pick up the RV, the charge for the module was $991. I spoke with the service manager, who called FCCC, and they took the charge off my bill. It probably helped that I had another $2400 left on the bill from other preventive maintenance done.

Regarding Freightliner of Houston, they are a 24x7 operation so I assumed that they would knock out my list in a day or so. Found out that the RV shop works Monday through Friday, days only. So they had my coach for not quite a week. The tech found 4 problems that I was unaware of, and fixed 2 of them under warranty. The other 2 issues are Newmar problems. The guy was meticulous and a good detective as well. He also fixed the key fob battery drain issue! They are building a new shop with more space, which is desparately needed.