Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Here is what I did. The fan motor was causing the vibration noise. The fan was not to problem. The mounting seemed to be the problem. I got some foam rubber and stuffed the foam rubber under the fan motor. How much foam rubber is placed under the motor is try it and see, then adjust with more or less foam rubber. The foam rubber now supports the fan. The noise was greatly reduced. The unit is now very quiet. The solution has been installed for over 3 years.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Awesome idea! I will try this before I remove the whole unit. Thanks!
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well there you go a run on the hardware stores in the morning, thanks Gary is there a QT on this in your file?
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar38 View Post
My original unit in the bedroom was no where as loud as the replacement. Whatever the reason I sure hope it is solved before I have to replace the forward unit.
Same problem with my new replacement in front of coach. Old one was quiet, replacement Dometic is noisy. Vibration noisy. Too bad they can't build them like they used to. Made in China BTW. thank god the rear air is original and still is quiet as a mouse. Good luck..
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
My initial Brisk Air 15K AC/HP sounded like a Huey helicopter was landing on the roof. It turned out to be a bent fan shaft and after the motor/fan were replaced it was much quieter. A few months later it lost the coolant through a split in the evaporator coil and the Brisk Air unit was replaced with a lower profile Penguin 15K AC/HP unit which is only a little more noisy than the Brisk Air. The 13.5K AC in the bedroom is quieter than the front 15K AC/HP.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
The Ac unit in my DSDP is very very loud. The other two units are not as loud. Has anyone else noticed this, or is this a unique problem?
I had one installed on my coach last year and I still have the older one up front. And yes it is alot louder and not nearly the quality all the shrouding is in styrofoam.
B2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I had a thin copper tube that was bent a little ( wasn't before I cleaned the coils ) and caused a terrible vibrating noise. Pushed it inwards about I/4 " and was back to relative quite.

This was my issue as well- I did the same thing and it's been quiet for 4 years now.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sounds good to me. Guess I'm off to the hardware store. Thanks for the fix. I'll let you know if it worked for me as soon as I get a chance to test it out.
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks GARYKD! The foam rubber did the trick . I got some 1/4 inch blue foam sheet and cut a strip then rolled it until it fit snug under the outside blower motor. Now my a/c units humm in sweet harmony. The reduction in noise was absolutely dramatic. My only question is does the motor get hot enough to effect the foam?
Maybe we should send this idea to Dometic since they can't seem to fix the problem. Again, THANKs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0744.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	36803  
Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
OK, OK, OK. Now that DutchStar38 has had such a success story, I am off to Joann's Fabric store tomorrow to look at foam that I could use for this motor support. I wonder if one of those thick cell foam sponges would work too?

I will try anything to quiet this monster down as the really warm season will be soon upon us.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Like I said earlier after Gary's suggestion there would be a run on the hardware store only it took some more convincing for some.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dr4Film - Did it work for your a/c unit? I don't think you want to use really soft foam.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar38 View Post
Dr4Film - Did it work for your a/c unit? I don't think you want to use really soft foam.
Can you tell me where you got the foam strips you used? I am going to do this mod your way.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
I've cleaned the inside of the unit several times since installing the foam rubber. The foam rubber is holding up well. No real change after several years. I'm sure it will degrade, over time, but for not everything is working as planed.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote