Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #1

Percent off on used 2019 Ventanna

It seems that 27 to 29% off msrp for a new coach what would be a good discount off a used 2019. Thanks
Looking 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #2

If you can buy a new one 30% off msrp they would have to take about 50% off msrp of new for me to consider. Also keep in mind your warranty might be no good to the second owner. I would contact newmar and ask them what warranties would transfer to you.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:08 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 2009 View Post
It seems that 27 to 29% off msrp for a new coach what would be a good discount off a used 2019. Thanks

Some interesting factors;
Each model year prices have gone up approximately 5%
Newmar’s are holding their value, I would say you would be lucky to purchase at 40% of .org MSRP right now with 2019’s being the only year available new.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:25 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar will NOT honor the structural warranty for any other owner than original. That is what stopped us from buying 2018 New Aire, with 4500 miles on it. Newmar also won't honor 1 year from date of purchase. So as second owner you are on your own if something is wrong with structure. However, I don't see on here any structural issues, other than a small piece coming off the corner of the slide outside. But, since no warranty, I would want closer to 40% before I bite. Check NADA RV prices also.

Newmar is taking orders on 2020, production on 2019's ends in July when shut down for two weeks to switch over and vacations. At least I think it's July, could be sooner just depends on when done with 2019 orders.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #5
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Good point on the warranty coverage for a "used" 2019. Personally, I wouldn't buy a "used" 2019 coach on the threshold of the 2020s coming out. It would have to be a REALLY good discount before I would even consider it.

Buy a NEW 2019 at a good, end-of-the-model-year price (at least 30% off MSRP) or order a new 2020. If looking for a truly "used" coach, then look for a 2017-2018 model knowing full well that there is no mfgr warranty...and, one that is priced accordingly.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-RVer View Post
Newmar will NOT honor the structural warranty for any other owner than original. That is what stopped us from buying 2018 New Aire, with 4500 miles on it. Newmar also won't honor 1 year from date of purchase. So as second owner you are on your own if something is wrong with structure. However, I don't see on here any structural issues, other than a small piece coming off the corner of the slide outside. But, since no warranty, I would want closer to 40% before I bite. Check NADA RV prices also.

Newmar is taking orders on 2020, production on 2019's ends in July when shut down for two weeks to switch over and vacations. At least I think it's July, could be sooner just depends on when done with 2019 orders.
That warrant limit for a second owner is the same for Cummins engines too although that may have changed since mine was built.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent