Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #1

Power Dining Table not moving

I have yet another issue that I'm having difficulty resolving. The Power Dining Table on our 2006 Newmar Essex won't extend/retract. It's currently in the retracted position, and when I activate the switch it just sort off rocks, but won't extend.

In getting ready for this last trip, DW extended the table to clean the seat, and it operated fine (extended and then retracted). Now it won't extend.

I've gotten to the mechanism under the seat, and it looks like the motor is moving only one side of the slide mechanism. The motor itself has two flexible outlet drive shafts, one for each side of the slide mechanism. The shafts are intact and appear to be transmitting power (rotating), but it won't move. Could be the small gear box on one side is jammed, or the slide is jammed.

My questions are: Has anyone experienced anything similar? What was the problem? How did you fix it?

Has anyone taken their table out/apart? This looks to be a major PITA.

Anyone know who made the mechanism (the OEM)?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Have you called Newmar? I've found that calling the manufacturer can net at least enough info to move forward.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX_RVing View Post
I have yet another issue that I'm having difficulty resolving. The Power Dining Table on our 2006 Newmar Essex won't extend/retract. It's currently in the retracted position, and when I activate the switch it just sort off rocks, but won't extend.

In getting ready for this last trip, DW extended the table to clean the seat, and it operated fine (extended and then retracted). Now it won't extend.

I've gotten to the mechanism under the seat, and it looks like the motor is moving only one side of the slide mechanism. The motor itself has two flexible outlet drive shafts, one for each side of the slide mechanism. The shafts are intact and appear to be transmitting power (rotating), but it won't move. Could be the small gear box on one side is jammed, or the slide is jammed.

My questions are: Has anyone experienced anything similar? What was the problem? How did you fix it?

Has anyone taken their table out/apart? This looks to be a major PITA.

Anyone know who made the mechanism (the OEM)?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Same issue on our 05 Essex... Did you ever come up with a fix or troubleshooting process? Thx.

Tags
power