Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
Power Mirror control switch 99 MADP 4080

just noticed I can't control my mirrors any more (actually, this is the first time trying to adjust them so not sure how long they haven't worked). There is the usual little joy stick control to flip from left to right and also a little switch built into the control with a single LED. Is this switch to power a heater for the mirrors or just to provide power to adjust? I haven't checked to see if it is just a fuse yet (although it could be at the little LED does not light up in either position). Anyone with a similar control that can give me some guidance would be appreciated.

We just started a full reno inside and I will start another thread documenting what we have done/are doing (already replaced all the carpet with Walnut vinyl plank flooring and all the brass hardware with brushed nickel). Lights on order and back splash waiting to go in...lot more to come!
koresample is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #2

The led is the small switch next to the Joystick which controls the mirror heaters. To adjust the right or left mirror, the joystick itself is rotated left for the left mirror and right for the right. After the rotation, the joystick should adjust that mirror on its axis.
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #3

Chrome mirrors on my Dutch Star , are Ramco , but the booklet I have is pre web. The heater switch is fused separately from the remote control switch.
1-800-321-4819 is the 14 year old phone # info .
I'll poke around online to see if they're still in business.

http://www.ramco-eng.com/

Yep, still going .
no 800 # listed anymore (574)266-1455 only phone #
Old 09-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #4

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Chrome mirrors on my Dutch Star , are Ramco , but the booklet I have is pre web. The heater switch is fused separately from the remote control switch.
1-800-321-4819 is the 14 year old phone # info .
I'll poke around online to see if they're still in business.

Home

Yep, still going .
no 800 # listed anymore (574)266-1455 only phone #
Excellent, thanks very much for the info! I will check the fuses then pull the switch to see what I have in mine!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #5

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailiff View Post
The led is the small switch next to the Joystick which controls the mirror heaters. To adjust the right or left mirror, the joystick itself is rotated left for the left mirror and right for the right. After the rotation, the joystick should adjust that mirror on its axis.

Thanks, I figured that was what they were for (and the mirror operation is pretty standard) but nice to have it confirmed
Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
As to the mirror heater switch ( sounds dumb but.....) which position is off? what looks like a tiny led indicator does not light in either position. Could be the heaters do not come on or blown fuse etc., but it would be good to know what "on" looks like.
Thanks any info.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #7

The mirror heater switch on our 04 Essex is off when switch is in the back position. We add a lighted switch that lights up when on. Tom
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the quick reply. Another mystery solved.

Tags
power