Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Precision Circuits EMS 50 AMP L2 Voltage problem

I am getting an L2 reading of 8 Volts on the PC Central Monitor Pannel. L1 reads 124 V. When I turned on the Oasis AC1-AC2 to put a load on the system L2 will displays the amp load 28 Amps.

I am at home hooked up to 50AMP shore power with the voltage readings on my external surgeguard/power protector reads L1 124v L2 123v with no faults and the Newmar SurgeGuard transfer switch with coach protection has no faults. So I'm assuming my shore power is good.

I removed all AC power from the coach and hit the salesman switch to disconnect Dc as well. No joy with power reset.

With 50 amp shore power disconnected Central Monitor Panel indicates wireing fault. When I connect 50 amp shore power Central control power indicates wiring ok. So im scratching my head on that one.

Next step using PC troubleshooting guide. Removed the cover on the cover on the power panel. I am seeing 1.2 v between ground and neutral L1 123v and L2 8V. Checked for loose connections did find any.

Any suggestions of where to look next ?

Caveat had my solar and lithium's installed this this week so I'm not sure if this created the problem. Any suggestion where to look there too ?

Also, Initially the installer did not install the PC lithium BIM swap out correctly. If someone with a Ventana could take a picture of there stock BIM or let me know which color wire goes on each of the three top terminal and the red wire with the inline fuse I would appreciate it. The two battery terminals wires on the bottom (big wires) are ok.
Beach Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #2

Did you check for breakers off in the main panel.

Often they use 2 breakers to power the device. If one is off, it does work correctly.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
All the breakers are on in the main and sub panels
Old 12-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #4

Check your cord reel by moving it a few feet out and recheck
Old 12-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Removed shorepower. Used generator same problem.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #6

Had a similar issue. It was the PCM module. It blew out when I had a short in the Oasis unit. Call PC on Monday as they are very helpful. You could switch the coil on L1 and L2 to see if the issue follows the line in. Lastly, check connections at transfer switch.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post

Often they use 2 breakers to power the device. If one is off, it does work correctly.
Thanks problem fixed. The engine block heater breaker was off. We had turned it off months ago and never had or noticed the issue. I thought I turned it on when I cycled all the breakers earlier today. Maybe not

Oh well problem fixed, Thanks to all for the help.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post

When I was doing my Hughes Autoformer install a week ago I started by turning off all of the breakers before I started. Then when I powered everything back up and was going to test things out I was at first on a 20amp 120V outlet. I decided to see which of my breakers powered the panel as part of confirming that the RV thought my wiring was correct.

I was turning on a single breaker at a time - and turning off the previous one. When I had breaker 2 (water heater line 2) I noticed that the panel told me I had 50amps service. I assume this is because L1 an L2 were different. As I moved through the breakers I got the same result with breaker 8 (engine block heater).

When both breaker 2 and 8 were on it correctly read 30amp service (it cannot tell 20 vs 30). I remembered this thread and just wanted to add in the breaker pair that worked for me in case it helps others in the future.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problem