Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Precision Temp to Oasis Conversion

Has anyone had their PrecisionTemp converted to an Oasis system? We have had so much trouble with our Precision Temp system that I am really starting to get frustrated. If anyone had this conversion done did NewMar participate on the cost of change out? We had the PrecisionTemp JR changed out to a PrecisionTemp ll at mostly our own cost in 2013. We have had nothing but trouble with both units. I have spent numerous hours on phone with Gary from PrecisionTemp as well have made several trips to their factory in Cincinnati for repairs as well as other service centers and have done several repairs myself. This is my only major problem we have had with our 2011 Dutch Star. Our 2008 Dutch Star had the Oasis system with no problems. By the way we purchased the 2011 in July of 2012, it was new on the lot at that time.

Thanks,
Terry
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Terry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #2

Can't really help but I feel your pain. Also have PrecisionTemp on our 2010 Ventana. When it works, fine. But I've also had to replace ours once. Not looking to do it a second time. The problem, however, with replacement was not only footprint but the 'radiators' inside the coach that, at least at the time, I thought I would also have to replace. Please keep us updated on what you find out.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2roam View Post
Can't really help but I feel your pain. Also have PrecisionTemp on our 2010 Ventana. When it works, fine. But I've also had to replace ours once. Not looking to do it a second time. The problem, however, with replacement was not only footprint but the 'radiators' inside the coach that, at least at the time, I thought I would also have to replace. Please keep us updated on what you find out.

Will let you know if I get any feedback...

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum.
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Old 12-16-2015, 02:50 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry43 View Post
Will let you know if I get any feedback...

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum.
Awaiting a quote from NewMar on converting to Oasis; no help on cost except winter labor rates. I ask how about wholesale on Oasis unit, no response on this request yet?
SMI Air Force One brake
Old 12-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Terry, you might consider an Aqua-Hot. They have a new unit that burns propane. would save a lot of cost on changing away from the Precision.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Have you contacted Oasis? If memory serves, they make conversion kits...
Old 12-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #7

I must say I am suprised. Had problems so in the beginning and wanted it replaced with an oasis. 10000.00 was the estimate. They replaced the whole unit With a new pt. worked flawless for 3 years.just had the aluminum tank under warranty replaced with the new stainless tank this summer after the tank stated to leak.It works more consistently temp wise than it ever has. Friends have the oasis and I can't stand the noise or the smell. By the way I full time and the unit is 4 1/2 years old
newmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky573 View Post
Terry, you might consider an Aqua-Hot. They have a new unit that burns propane. would save a lot of cost on changing away from the Precision.
Tom,

Thanks I looked at the propane unit form Oasis, it only has one 120v electric element. would use too much propane.

Terry
SMI Air Force One brake
Old 12-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry43 View Post
Awaiting a quote from NewMar on converting to Oasis; no help on cost except winter labor rates. I ask how about wholesale on Oasis unit, no response on this request yet?
Well finally got quote from NewMar on converting to Oasis unit!

$14,000.00

Can you believe it? 700 man hours of labor....

looks like I would trade motor home before spending those kind of bucks..

Disappointed...
SMI Air Force One brake