Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #1

Project assistance help

Ok, you know when you been in this forum too long the mod bug gets you soon or later LOL, so I want to install a RO in the basement and connect it to the refrigerator line so I can get water and ice, at the same time not taking space under the counter or making holes on the counter. Any ideas? Suggestions? Doable?

Thanks
Zzotte
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2019, 10:31 AM   #2

No break light and tail light on and off

Ok my DW was driving behind today, and notice that passenger side break light does not work, and tail light sometimes works and the third break light does not work at all, I checked all connection, replace the bulbs all looks good any suggestions where to star?

Thanks
Zzotte
Old 10-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #3

Project assistance help

There are two very long threads ongoing about this.

Look for Water Softeners, as well as Water Filters.

Lots of great ideas there, including some awesome Filter, Soft, RO, and DI installs.
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
Ok my DW was driving behind today, and notice that passenger side break light does not work, and tail light sometimes works and the third break light does not work at all, I checked all connection, replace the bulbs all looks good any suggestions where to star?

Thanks

Zzotte

Do you have a Freightliner chassis? If so, most likely covered by the FL recall.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...8V582-1714.PDF
Old 10-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
Do you have a Freightliner chassis? If so, most likely covered by the FL recall.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...8V582-1714.PDF

Impressive!
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #6

I don’t think I have a recall I have a Spartan Chassis

Zzotte
Old 10-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
ZZ see if the vagabond water man is still doing business. He sold all the RO units Western Recreation Vehicles used, as well as several other manufacturers used. They are setup for installation in an RV. If not, several vendors I know will be at the Big RV show in Quartzsite, AZ in Jan (assumed that is the month-has been every year since I don't know when). Anyway, there is also a vender in Yuma, AZ but don't remember his name. I would not install a permanent one, I would setup a portable one for use in RV parks. The waste of an RO system is around 80%, so all that water being wasted has to go someplace. If not down the drain, then on the ground? Or worse, filling up your gray tank, then what? A double filter (built in one is 1) you could add a ground filter unit or even a water softener as well. It's just weight to carry around. Our WS we got, weights in at about 50 lbs., not going to carry that around everyplace, left it in Yuma, and it's for sale if you want to buy it. Send PM if interested.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #8

If don’t know they do make more efficient RO system now days our is a 14 stage system wastes 2.5 g for 1 g of pure water, by flushing less or cutting down on other really wasteful water uses which I’m not going to get into here more then compensates the 2.5g of of contaminated poison pharmaceutical water it discharges besides my question was only related to ideas directly related to the installation via the basement refrigerator line RO, water filters water softener are all choices.

Thanks
Zzotte