RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #43

Quote:
How much fuel do these burn? Pounds per hour, etc.?
A full 20lb propane tank will generally last me 8 hours if I run the fire pit on high. I've not bothered timing it on lower settings as I vary it up and down pretty regularly during use.

Quote:
Can you use the low pressure port on the RVs propane?
Yes. I've purchased an extra long hose, proper brass quick connect fittings, and a brass fitting that attaches the hose to the plastic connector on the side of the fire pit. You obviously can't use the original hose that has the regulator. It works well.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2018, 07:57 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
How do you like the unit? Im excited to bring it with us on the next leg of our trip after the first of the year...
It is nice well built unit and I'm sure you will like it. Now I'm on the lookout for a throw away bbq grill so I can savage the igniter. I'm not cheap in just frugal.😁😁 ok, I'm cheap.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #45

We also have the Little Red Campfire by Camco; had it 3yrs. Only about 14" Outside Diameter and use 1# bottles that we carry for outside grilling any way. Burn about 1.5 hrs on medium flame. Great in the AM to warm to w/o building a fire for a short burn. We camp in NM Mtns. and many camps are NO Burn... We Love it.
PapaTrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #46
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I saw this post, I put the firepit in my Amazon cart as I was still thinking about storing the propane in the coach. It seemed like every time I looked at my cart the price got lower.

Today at $89.99 I ordered it. Thank you Neal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 1.02.00 PM.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	229698  
Old 12-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
When I saw this post, I put the firepit in my Amazon cart as I was still thinking about storing the propane in the coach. It seemed like every time I looked at my cart the price got lower.

Today at $89.99 I ordered it. Thank you Neal!
Great price today on Amazon! I bought the larger 24" for $99.

Outland Firebowl 883 Mega Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit with UV and Weather Resistant Durable Cover, 24-Inch Diameter 58,000 BTU https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FWKVGQ0..._ASuhCb5T8ENZ7
LDK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:24 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
I used our Outland Firebowl the other day at our home base (RV port house). It was fun setting around the "campfire" talking with the kids (20+ year olds). Neal, I also got me one of the 11 lb propane talks based on your recommendation - and I love it. Ace Hardware has them, but they are hard to find - I had to order mine, but got it in two days. At $59 they are not cheap, but a great size.
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
I saw one of those at an RV park last summer but didn't know the name of it. I'm going to have to look into it in case we run into more burning bans like we had last summer in CO. We already have multiple outdoor propane appliances.

For those wondering how to stow propane bottles, I always carry two propane bottles secured in back of the F150. You could just as easily carry them in any tow vehicle, jeep, SUV, or car. I use my F150 like a toy hauler and it can carry a lot of things that do not stow well in the RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	356.4 KB
ID:	229710  
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #50
Newmarian

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Kudos all goes back to ARD (Renee) as she is the one the fired it up while we were both at Mountain Falls RV Resort so I ordered one for myself and the dog. I did see they went on sale at Amazon Land today so if interested dive on it and don't check prices next week!

NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #51

I would like to get one of these. When I do I will hook it up to the 12' hose that came with the Extend-A-Stay I have already installed on my 40 gallon ASME tank in my coach.
I can't safely carry a portable DOT propane cylinder in any of my basement compartments. Experts say they must be stored in a vented compartment away from any ignition source (whether heat or electrical.) They must always be stored and used upright so vapor instead of LPG will be vented by the built-in safety features if the cylinder becomes overheated, especially if it has been over filled.
Those factors prevent me from storing a propane cylinder near my generator, fuse panels, inverter, batteries, transfer switch and engine exhaust.
The best I can do is store one upright in the back of our toad with the rear windows cracked open when it is on the dolly and remove it when someone drives it.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #52

Propane Fire Pit - Outland Firebowl

So which one has the built in igniter? The deluxe or the premium??? I cant decipher from the info provided on amazon. They are both currently the same price.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:25 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
So which one has the built in igniter? The deluxe or the premium??? I cant decipher from the info provided on amazon. They are both currently the same price.
Looks like the model 870. As per Amazon:

✓ COMPACT AND EASY TO TRANSPORT: Travel size fire pit is lightweight and portable; easily set up in minutes with no tools required. Matchless auto-ignition feature ensures a fast and simple start-up; all weather fire bowl delivers a clean and smokeless flame with cozy warmth and beautiful evening ambiance. Measures L 19 x W 19 x H 11 with total output of 58,000 BTU/HR.

The larger 24" version was more important for me than the igniter.
LDK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #54
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK1 View Post
Great price today on Amazon! I bought the larger 24" for $99.

Outland Firebowl 883 Mega Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit with UV and Weather Resistant Durable Cover, 24-Inch Diameter 58,000 BTU https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FWKVGQ0..._ASuhCb5T8ENZ7
Price went back up to $169 for the 24" and $146 for the 19". Amazon sure varies their prices these days.

I bought the 19" because they were both 58,000 btu and we will have to remove something from the basement for it to fit in our coach.

Tags
fire, propane