Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2015, 06:02 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
That is one beautiful coach SWag, when we order our DS do you think we could option in the chrome door handle? Did your coach come with the HWH Active air or did your do it as an after market?
Thanks a lot Tom.

I tried to order the chrome door handle as a special and they wouldn't do it, have friends who tried to order it as well to no avail. Apparently it's a King Aire and Essex component in production and they won't allow it on any other line. But, if you are taking factory delivery or you are in for repairs they will install it.

The HWH Active Air system is an after market product, you would need to take your coach to HWH in Iowa for the 5 day installation. Here's a link to a thread from earlier this year that will provide you with all the details and photos.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/active-air-234876.html

Not an inexpensive upgrade but I've installed it on two motorhomes and would do it again, well worth the cost and the hassle of having to take your bus to the HWH factory.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Thanks a lot Tom.

I tried to order the chrome door handle as a special and they wouldn't do it, have friends who tried to order it as well to no avail. Apparently it's a King Aire and Essex component in production and they won't allow it on any other line. But, if you are taking factory delivery or you are in for repairs they will install it.

The HWH Active Air system is an after market product, you would need to take your coach to HWH in Iowa for the 5 day installation. Here's a link to a thread from earlier this year that will provide you with all the details and photos.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/active-air-234876.html

Not an inexpensive upgrade but I've installed it on two motorhomes and would do it again, well worth the cost and the hassle of having to take your bus to the HWH factory.
Thanks SWag, we will be doing the factory pick up of a 2017DS if they can get this weight problem taken care of. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
Thanks SWag, we will be doing the factory pick up of a 2017DS if they can get this weight problem taken care of. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.
I have no doubt Newmar will have the weight issue resolved for the 2017 model year. I'm so pleased I can load up my 2015 but feeling for my buddies who own a 2016. Newmar is a good company and I'm sure the 2016 owners will get a good resolution to this issue.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:02 AM   #32

Well my 2016 Dutchstar 4369 has been at dealership since Nov 25th and parts havn't arrived to dealership to repair. Newmar and this dealer have really dropped the ball on repairing my RV. I asked Newmar to expedite the parts and they didn't. I have to call them and still they don't get things handled. Everybody has an excuse. Dealer blames Newmar and Newmar blames dealer. Just about ready to file a lawsuit if I don't get my unit repaired soon.
pgturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:44 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Be interesting

It would be interesting to know who the dealer in TX was as I am looking to possibly purchase in TX as well.

Best of luck in getting your issues resolved, 300K just doesn't buy what it use to LOL

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgturner View Post
Well my 2016 Dutchstar 4369 has been at dealership since Nov 25th and parts havn't arrived to dealership to repair. Newmar and this dealer have really dropped the ball on repairing my RV. I asked Newmar to expedite the parts and they didn't. I have to call them and still they don't get things handled. Everybody has an excuse. Dealer blames Newmar and Newmar blames dealer. Just about ready to file a lawsuit if I don't get my unit repaired soon.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:12 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Here she is.
Looks great but if you really want to dress it up, get some of their 6" or 8" stainless armor for the bottom. I installed their 6" Premier armor kit on my Allure and it really makes it pop. A little 'bling' never hurts
Old 12-31-2015, 08:18 AM   #35
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
What parts does a 2016 need already?

BTW, I believe Newmar closes for a week or two around Christmas/New Years.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
What parts does a 2016 need already?

BTW, I believe Newmar closes for a week or two around Christmas/New Years.
Production is shut down for the holidays. My tech ordered parts on Monday, had them shipped overnight so we could do repairs on Tuesday and we hit the road yesterday so customer service is still around and doing their thing.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:40 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Looks great but if you really want to dress it up, get some of their 6" or 8" stainless armor for the bottom. I installed their 6" Premier armor kit on my Allure and it really makes it pop. A little 'bling' never hurts
I'm still on the fence about the Summit armor. Was going to buy it and then decided to hold off, not sure whether or not that might be just a bit too much bling on my black coach. I'll keep thinking about it.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:48 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Benicia Tom,
The chrome baggage door locks are part of the power baggage door lock or the chrome trim package option on the 2016 Dutch Star. They became available in 2015 on the DS

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #39

Quote:

The only one that will do good on that will be the Lawyer as usual $$

Tags
purchase