Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #15
cwg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lug_Nut:
Your comment "a little stuffy". Please expand. I have never been to a Newmar rally ever even after three Newmar coaches. Your comments may help me in future.

Peter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and your wife are very gregarious and it would be a shame if you two did not attend some of the Newmar rallys. With the knowledge you impart, it would be a real asset to come and meet more of us. I am looking forward to making many more friends at the rallys.

Although not all were introduced via rallys, just this past month look at how many of you on the forum I have been able to meet in person: Bob, Dirk, Peter, and Paul. Each has imparted good times and I learn from all. Just today I brought a group of 5 cyclists on a trip to see River Bend and introduce them to Peter and his gracious wife. I hope to see many more of you in the future.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #16

I also ran into some Newmar rally people. Asked if they knew anyone this year selling Newmars in Quartsite, got a very snobby answer. Even identified myself as a fellow Newmarian. Maybe it was just a bad day.

2009 Crossroads Zinger pulled by a 2013 Chevy 4X4 Pickup. R.I.P. Kendall 3/17/2011
Two Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #17

Another perspective on Quartzsite / rallys
We most always enjoy the NKK Rallys,
Quartzsite is always fun, but with 250 coaches you have to have some rules in order to do all the things they try to do at the rallys.
Non registered guests are always welcome except at activites where the registered guests have paid for the activities. Mainly food.

And remember that the NKK or any affinity clubs main reason for exisiting is to help the factory "SELL" coaches by having "happy" and "satisfied" owners. We've had NKK owners tell us that the reason they bought a second Newmar coach was because they had so much fun with the NKK..
The big rallies are fun but the samller local rallies, for us, are better because you have a better chance to get to "know" people at the rally. Over the years weve made some wonderful frinds at NKK rallys.
If your not completely happy with what goes on or have some good ideas , get involved, volunteer and make suggestions.
The local chapters are always looking for volunteers to take on a local rally or help with a regional event..
Getting involved and volunteering really works,
So much so that now when we travel across country we have dozens of friends that we visit where ever we travel.
If you have never been to a NKK rally, give one a try..
Jim A
Windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

Nice post Jim and WELCOME to iRV2 and the Newmar Owner's Forum...

I recently had the opportunity to attend my first chapter rally and I had a great time.
The smaller chapter rallies offer the chance to either hang with the group or take off on your own.
I then had the chance to attend the NKK Rally at the Tampa Supershow...
We had a meeting and an ice cream social and I never saw anyone counting who had how many ice creams...I was even allowed to have my OWN iRV2 cookout inside the Newmar area...

For me,I'm going to head over to the NKK office here in Nappanee tomorrow and join as a life member....I'm also going to take Jim's advice and get involved, at whatever level I can help..
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We were there with the Yahoo Group of Newmar owners and *I* was informed that non-paying owners were not welcome. It had been posted on Yahoo and elsewhere that all should come and check out the action so there was a defensive mind set that there were going to be gate crashers for meals etc.

I'm sure that made for some of the "stuffyness" experienced.

Also a with any large group there will be a few clicks and some just plain arrogant individuals.

Not nice but most groups tend to have a few. Try us again and maybe you will have a better experience. The MT Big Sky Chapter will be having a pre-rally in June just before the International in Gillette in July. Watch for the announcement on various lists and the NKK magazine and stop by on your way to the International.