Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 04:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Our 06 with a 7.5 KW Onan didn't list that an option. In 07 they added a 3rd AC as an option with either the 8.0 Power Tech or 7.5 Onan. In 08 the 3rd AC was optional with either they 8.0 Onan or 10 KW Power Tech bit it doesn't appear the 10 KW Power Tech was a mandatory upgrade for the 3 ACs.

What generator do you have and did you have any issues with how it was installed along with power management if you were running all 3 on 50A power? Was your EMS upgraded/reconfigured to shed up to 2 ACs if needed? I'm interested in doing the same. PM me if you feel that is best and if you have a general idea of the cost that would be great.
We have the 8000 ONAN. EMS was not changed, I am now the EMS for the third ac. It cost $3500 for the install, they went over on the install but stayed with the estimate price. I could tell the tech that did the mod had never done anything like that before so we did not pay extra for his training. We did have to make another trip back since new unit had not been wired right, all we got for that was sorry.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
How well would two 15M Penguins cool a 43'? We're not talk super cool. We keep our current rig at 72* and we're fine. Just curious.
Thanks
Would not work where I live. All MH I have owned with 2 AC were hot. I'm not comfortable when it is 80 degrees inside at 6pm. 3 AC = Perfect.

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote