Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #1

Questions re: 2016 Mountian Aire's:

My wife and I are in discussions with a dealer for a 2016 Mountain Aire. As I have been reading many discussions on this board, I have some questions for the 2016 version of the MA. Are the slideouts unlevel in the MA as in the DS? Do the tiles on the floor crack in the MA as in the DS? Is there windnoise in the driver mirror or the front door? Are there other issues with a 2016 MA I should be weary of?
glenspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
dms

We took delivery of our 2016 MA in January and I will try to answer some of your questions. Yes, the FWS slopes down but we have not had an issue with broken tiles as mentioned in other posts.

The FWS, if adjusted properly should not hit the edge of the interior tiles when extending or retracting....ours is good.

We have a service appointment in Napannee next week for a few small issues, one of which is the slide sloping. I have been told that Newmar has identified this problem and has designed a fix by shimming one of the trolley gears. Will let you know. The 1/2" slope does not bother me but bugs the DW.

No wind noise from mirrors nor anyplace else. We had a 2014 Tiffin Phaeton prior to the MA and it was like a hurricane going down the road. No comparison to the MA. No wind noise, no squeaks, no rattles....rides and drives like a dream in comparison.

We initially had planned to order a DS but the axle issues nixed that. We decided to spring for the MA and absolutely love it.....nothing to gripe about compared to our last coach which was nothing but issues. No regrets.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:15 PM   #3
Rd1

glenspence, Upto DS MHs the driver side mirror is located next to the driver window. the wind noise may be related to that. On MA and units above that, the driver side mirror is located further front same as the passenger side. should not have the same wind noise.

dms, I have also been told the 'drop' on the FWS has been resolved. is the drop on yours on the bedroom side?

thanks.
Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Today during the factory tours at Newmar, I had the opportunity to walk onto a couple of 2016 DSDP and a MADP in final inspection. Using the level app on my iPhone, I measured the slope of the full wall slide in each coach. All where perfectly level. From my small sample size it appears this issue has been resolved. I will measure a few more during the week to see if this trend continues.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote