Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #1

Quick question for Bay Star owners

Apologies if I asked this before. LOL

What style connector does a 2019 Bay Star have to connect the lights to the toad? Is it 7-blade or 7-pin?

I'm trying to get all the stuff together to get the Jeep ready for towing.

Thanks!
Allentc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #2

I would call Newmar and you should be able to get an answer! I believe mine is a 7 blade, but my Bay Star is a 2012.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #3

My BSS is a blade.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #4

My BBS is also the 7 pin blade style, although the wire for the brake controller was not hooked up at the back. It was sitting there, and zip ties up under the dash. I ended up re-using this wire to send back the signal that the brakes on the toad were working to an LED on the dash. In addition there's a 12v signal on there that I use for the battery maintainer on the toad.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #5

So this should work to connect the Bay Star to my toad (which will have a flat 4 pin), correct?

Old 11-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #6

Yes
Old 11-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
What about +12V?

Have you considered using a 6 pin connector so that you can run +12V from the RV to the Toad? I used the +12V to keep the battery charged so that my Toad Braking system doesn't run the Toad battery down. I wrote a long post a couple of years ago on how to wire this up.

Regards,

Jerry
Old 11-11-2018, 01:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
Have you considered using a 6 pin connector so that you can run +12V from the RV to the Toad? I used the +12V to keep the battery charged so that my Toad Braking system doesn't run the Toad battery down. I wrote a long post a couple of years ago on how to wire this up.

Regards,

Jerry

Absolutely go with the 6 pin so you have some options later if you want to add 12 volt charging or have a wire for something else. Why limit yourself.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:48 AM   #9

Mainly for simplicity. I'll be using that ReadyBrake Elite to tow a 2005 Wrangler, so battery drain shouldn't be an issue. I just want to minimize the amount of cutting/hacking/etc I have to do to put this stuff on. LOL I'm not exactly mechanically inclined.

The only other thing I thought about having another wire for was the marker lights.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #10

Seems like the easy way to do it for sure, I carry a spare cable as well, that way if it gets pinched between the brackets or something I can still tow.

That said I run an Stay-In-Play DUO and also switched to a six pin plug on the front of the toad so I can run 12V for keeping the battery maintained and a signal back to indicate the toad's brakes are actuate, which runs up to my dash board.

I also like the 6 pin because it allows me to put a clean port on the front of the toad, instead of a wiring hanging out. My tow bar mount actually had a spot for the socket so it was easy and quite tidy.