Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #1

Ramco mirror head replacement, how to??

Well it is my turn. I broke the ball off the street side mirror right above the arm. Hooked it on a tree limb. It looks like a Chrome 7500 series. I got it loose from the arm by removing the three set screws but I am now needing to know how to get the wiring disconnected to completely remove the mirror head. THANKS in advance. And if anyone has the RAMCO part number for t 7500 series chrome head and a recent price thanks for that too. I called and they were already closed.

Ted
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #2

Did you check their web page for P/N and price?

ramco-eng.com
Old 05-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #3

Thanks Skip. Yes I went to their website first. No help. No complete mirror heads on the site. Just misc parts and replacement glass. I guess I will have to wait until Monday AM and call them.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:18 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tednruthy View Post
Well it is my turn. I broke the ball off the street side mirror right above the arm. Hooked it on a tree limb. It looks like a Chrome 7500 series. I got it loose from the arm by removing the three set screws but I am now needing to know how to get the wiring disconnected to completely remove the mirror head. THANKS in advance. And if anyone has the RAMCO part number for t 7500 series chrome head and a recent price thanks for that too. I called and they were already closed.

Ted
If you take the 4 screws off that attach the base to the motorhome, the wired will un plug there
I broke the head off a 2004 MADP mirror a few years back,JUST THE HEAD COST ME $500.00...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
If you take the 4 screws off that attach the base to the motorhome, the wired will un plug there

That is how you do it. You can cut the wires at the ball to make the job easier.

Be mindful of how the wires go through the arm. You will have to run the new wires through the same path.

On the new mirror, 4 of the wires did not have pins on them and Ramco did not send new pins for me to work with. I cut the plug off of the old harness with about 6 inches of wire on it and soldered that onto the new wires. I used shrink tubing to keep the solder joints protected.

Newmar wanted $1,800 for my passenger side mirror. I got is directly from Ramco for around $800.

Good luck.

-B
Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon - Harley FLTCR - 2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS - Also considering a Polaris General 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT
BrokeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #6

On the underside of the arm, at the outside end, is a cap that when removed, will reveal a bolt that will allow the head to be removed, then unplug wires. The bolts can be a bear, but usually can be taken out.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:22 AM   #7

Ted

007 replied to my post for similar info re: Ramco

This thread has his response, and the linked post has pics & Ramco info PDF's

Hope it helps

I have to tighten my pass side mounting but haven't tackled it yet.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #8

I cut the wires leaving about 4 inches hanging out of the mirror head.
I will use inline crimp splices to connect the longer wires coming out of the new mirror head. The new mirror head a model 1750 chrome will be here tomorrow according to UPS. The cost direct from RAMCO. They were very easy to order from.
was about $370 plus shipping. I will look at repairing the ball mount using a bolt and nut. I will likely have to break out the lower convex mirror in order to get enough clearance to get a nut on the end of the bolt up inside the mirror head.
I am thinking of using a carriage bolt and drilling a hole through it's center to allow for the wires to come out through this bolt and center drilled hols.
But I would have to spend about $50 for a replacement convex lower mirror. That is a job for this summer maybe but my drill press in in Arizona so it may have to wait until next winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
That is how you do it. You can cut the wires at the ball to make the job easier.

Be mindful of how the wires go through the arm. You will have to run the new wires through the same path.

On the new mirror, 4 of the wires did not have pins on them and Ramco did not send new pins for me to work with. I cut the plug off of the old harness with about 6 inches of wire on it and soldered that onto the new wires. I used shrink tubing to keep the solder joints protected.

Newmar wanted $1,800 for my passenger side mirror. I got is directly from Ramco for around $800.

Good luck.

-B
Old 06-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #9

The mirror arrived last week Friday as RAMCO promised. The install was quick and trouble free.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement