Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2018, 07:28 AM   #1

Rattle, clang, bang...no boom.

Hello folks,

I recently purchased my first coach, a softly used 08 MADP, and last night I flushed the antifreeze from the lines and noticed that the Aquajet II water pump is making a lot of noise- extreme vibration that causes enough rattle and clang of hoses that I am certain my fellow campers won't appreciate it. Plus the noise in the coach is enough to be annoying too. Beyond that it just doesn't seem like it should not be making any noise at all. Shouldn't it be almost silent? My question is 1. how much noise should a water pump make and 2. does a pump near it's end-of-life make noises to say....I'm about to quit? 3. if near death, what is the suggested replacement? Thank you for your suggestions. Enjoy a glorious day today!
Nevermind Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2018, 07:44 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
It's probably just from vibration. Make sure none of the hoses running to and from the pump bang against walls, etc. Also, you might want to add a thicker rubber mat underneath the pump to stop the pump from rattling.
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:28 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds like air in the lines. Follow instructions in owners manual for purging the system.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Our pump is noisy, and the noise gets worse when the pipes vibrate and clang against other things as other posters have mentioned. We put an accumulator on ours to eliminate the Brrp Brrp at low flow levels. Also, we padded the lines where they were rattling against the frame, etc. It's much quieter but still rattles some because we can't reach everywhere the lines rattle against metal or wood.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #5

leesimonson-

Shurflo recommends that their pumps be installed using flexible hoses, instead of hard piping such as PEX. I expect other pump manufacturers would make the same recommendation.

I replumbed our coach's pump using standard bathroom hoses (links here and here), and it made a big improvement.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote