Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2017, 05:35 AM   #1

Rear Signal lights don't work!

Yesterday we picked up our 2005 Dutch Star from Master Tech in Elkhart Indiana after they installed MCD shades. Only the windshield is an electric shade. When I drove up, after driving from West Virginia, they were messing with the electrical system. They seemed to get everything fixed but as we were driving away, my wife was behind me as we were only going a short distance to a campground. The rear signal lights don't work. The left one worked when we started out but the right didn't. Later, at the campground, I looked around. Now, neither one works. The front signal lights work. The marker lights on the side of the coach work. When I plug in the lights to the tow vehicle, those lights work. All the fuses I can find are good.

Any ideas?
WVPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 AM   #2

According to your post you checked everything except the actual bulbs.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Pete, if your DS is configured similar to my KS, the fuses for the signal lights are in the outside storage bay just below or ahead of the driver's seat.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #4

LJowdy, you are correct. I had not gotten to that, but I have now. The bulbs are good. Also, when I put on the flashers, only the left light flashes in the back. Both flash in the front.
I did find the fuses in the outside box but they are all good. Master Tech has messed something up. We always check our lights before we pull our truck and they have worked up until now.
I will have a big job to figure this out.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:04 PM   #5

Just went thru an issue with the towed signals and contacted Newmar. The reply was in the compartment with the inverter, behind the rear axle passenger side is a fuse panel. The towed plug and the coach have separate fuses, I found the fuse for the turn signal was blown. Most likely happened when I installed the diodes in the towed.

Hope that makes sense and good luck.
Don
CoyoteFlatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:51 AM   #6

Oh I really hope it is that simple! I will look for those fuses as soon as I can. I found more fuses yesterday in a panel back in that area. I think it was just in front of the battery box. I didn't find anything blown however. I'll keep looking.
Thanks!
Pete
Old 08-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVPete View Post
Oh I really hope it is that simple! I will look for those fuses as soon as I can. I found more fuses yesterday in a panel back in that area. I think it was just in front of the battery box. I didn't find anything blown however. I'll keep looking.
Thanks!
Pete
I would say, pull the fuse labeled for the problem your having a check it with a multi-meter.. I've found fuses that look good and they're not.

Good Luck, Don
CoyoteFlatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 AM   #8

Oh....good to know!

Tags
light, lights