RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #1

After having the Class C and now the big A there are soooo many questions.. Please help so I can sleep better tonight....On the rear tires of the Newmar Mtn Aire 3778 W22 year 2002 I see only one valve stem for two tires. Is there one to be found for the inner wheel.

Poor ol Bob's gal Peggy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #2

After having the Class C and now the big A there are soooo many questions.. Please help so I can sleep better tonight....On the rear tires of the Newmar Mtn Aire 3778 W22 year 2002 I see only one valve stem for two tires. Is there one to be found for the inner wheel.

Poor ol Bob's gal Peggy

Old 08-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Hey Peggy,

There are 2 valve stems (1 per wheel) unless the previous owner put a "dual" inflation kit on. One filler and it equalizes each tire with the same air pressure.

I will get with you and Bob at the Sept Texas Boomers rally a try to answer all your questions. I would suggest that you write them down and we will go over you list. Remember, there are no stupid questions except the one you didn't ask!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:14 AM   #4

I have a 2004 Mountain Aire with the Alcoa aluminum wheels. The valve stem for the rear inner dual wheel is stuck through a rubber insert in one of the holes in the outer wheel. It is basically held there just be friction. So far in 18 months, I have lost three of these rubber inserts. When they fall out the valve stem slips between the two tires / rims and just dangles there. I would guess that is what's happend to your inner tire valve stem. Take a flashlight and look closely through the holes in the outer rim and also look from the front and rear between the two tires. I'll bet you'll find a valve stem just flopping around between the two tires. The valve stem goes through the insert and is held in place by a small, thin nut on the valve stem. I'm not an expert, but I think it would be very unsafe to travel with that valve stem just flopping around between the two tires. I think it would increase the possibility of the stem tearing / pulling out of the rim and causeing a sudden loss of pressure on the inside dual.

I have ordered replacement inserts from:

Independent Operator Direct
P.O. Box 170
Winona, Ohio 44493

Voice: 888-699-7031
Fax: 330-222-2633

They are called an H-2225 Stabilizer, Item Number: 02-002225. The last time I ordered two of them, (Nov '03) They were $2.90 each and shipping was $1.52 US Postage.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:02 AM   #5

Normally the inside valve stem is 180 degrees away from the outside one. You can feel for it toward the center of the wheel.
If you have aluminum wheels you should be able to check them with a dual foot tire gage. If you have the s/s beauty rims you will probably have to remove them. They are held on by 2 nuts. The nuts are located by removing the 2 chrome lug nut covers that have a dimple in them. Those are the only 2 that are removable.

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #6

Thanks men what would we do with out you...I sincerely thank you and due to the hour I HAVE TO WAIT till the am to go and check what type rims we now have...It is just amazing how many new things we get to play with and learn about. See we would never have know about those two lug nuts they didn't tell us about that during the inspection. But IN ALL the folks here in Rockport where we purchased the Consignment of the rig not the Newmar dealer another RV place (don't know if I can mention who they are) but they are the greatest people we did some odd and end stuff with them and now the A... It is a bunch of fun and excitement

Sincerelly
Bob's gal Peggy