RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
rear view camera

Hi all:we are new here, but have been RVing since 78. Took delivery of our Mountainaire in Nov. 04. We have enjoyed it ever since.
But now I am having a problem that I am not sure what to do next. Our rear camera has no picture other than colored squiggly lines 99% of the time.The other 1% is a perfect picture.
I have done a wiggle test at the camera connection ( had to pull cubby hole unit out of closet to get to it), at our trip tek, and at the Pioneer nav3 monitor. Bypassed the Trip tek with no change at all.
I am hoping sombody has had this problem before and can lead me to the next step. Thanks Ernie
__________________

ernsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Community Moderator
 
"007"'s Avatar


 
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 28,427
Welcome ernsr to the Newmar forum & irv2.
Here is a thread on discussion of the Pioneer unit and possible replacements if defective.
Others have had problems with unit or just didn't care for their operation.
I would make sure your power leads and connecting plugs are tight between units and thats all it maybe.
Here are user guides for your unit.
Someone else may chime in with suggestions, enjoy the forums and do post often.
__________________

__________________
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
VISIT the NEWMAR QUICK TIPS & EASYMODS 1 & 2
QUICK TIPS # 3
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 881
You don't say what rear camera unit you have. My "Total Vision" camera had similar difficulty for several months, but when I went for service in Tucson (La Mesa RV) they were the first of several (who tried-including Newmar advice) who were able to fix it. Scott (Tech) called Total Vision for advice, and Rod (owner/developer of Total Vision) drove over to show Scott how to fix it, and showed him how to diagnose further issues with a diagnostic tool he left. So, in short, if it's a Total Vision unit a call to the service center will fix it (Rod is a really great guy).
__________________
2016 Winnebago Grand Tour QL
2006 Hummer H2
Blue Ox/M&G
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear view camera suddenly stops working imported_Ron-in-TN Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 13 10-06-2012 02:57 PM
Rear view monitor dshogman Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 9 06-07-2010 08:57 PM
Sony rear view camera replacement davidj2 Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 10 07-13-2007 03:51 AM
Videoman Rear View Camera Admiral Jim RV Systems & Appliances 2 04-18-2007 09:53 AM
Rear view camera Lake Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 7 03-09-2007 01:12 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.