Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Stinnett is no longer a Newmar dealer...........
One would think the OP would have been told THAT as a reason for refusing service, but.....apparently not. Instead, Stinnett is getting a black eye on the internet because of a less-than-pleasant exchange with a potential customer. "Good help is hard to find" comes to mind.....
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Short version of a long story with a moral:
GM was holding a press conference, Speaker pointed to a reporter at random and ask if he had any complaints.

As a matter of fact........

Seems he had been trying to get his car into a local dealer for repair but the dealer was too busy to take a look at it.....

By the time the news conference ended a porter, with a loaner car, had shown up at the reporter's house, picked up his car and dropped the loaner for his wife to drive. till they got his fixed (No charge) . And the repairs were completed..... rather swiftly as well with no follow up problems.

The Moral: Pays to speak to the right person, The Conference featured the CEO of GM. (The car was a chevy) Try a letter to the CEO of NEWMAR.

Second story: I went to my local Authorized service center due to (in part) a recall, Told them I'd like to bring it in in 2 weeks for an oil change and recall... They told me they could not get the part that fast.

I told them schedule it, Ill get the part.

Now Workhorse national HQ was only about 20-30 miles from my house (Easy drive) and as it turns out the national Customer Service representative, the man who decided IF they were an authorized service center.. Well I had his business card and my house was on his way home. So he delivered the part. (Turns out I worked where he lived too).

When I turned in the part, it was "Attached" to a 2nd copy of his card.

You know, the next time I needed work done (Warranty) They had no problem finding a part and getting it fed-exed overnight.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm curious what was your slide issue that you have a problem with?
Maybe we can help.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Dealers are a business - warranty repairs don't pay nearly what they should. If a dealer is really busy and has a chance to take care of one of their own customers that they likely netted 10-30% from during the sale or a walk-in off the street for a warranty repair that will net them half their labor rate paid by Newmar; well, you can see how the numbers add up, unfortunately.

I would call Newmar and let THEM find some place close to you to take it to. Let them do the legwork and get you an appointment.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #19

LA Gulf Coast Campers
The issue was that one of my slides was stuck open about 3 inches on the leading edge of the slide.. apparently it jumped a cog. I was staying in the KOA next door to the dealer and was there for several days. After working it in and out several times, it is now open about an inch and I can lock the slide lock. A call to Newmar service told me I could travel with it in this position as long as the lock worked.
The dealer may be a great guy, but his staff needs lessons in how to say we are too darn busy to help and sorry.... not just to brush a customer off as they did. That is all history and of no concern....
What concerns me is.... am I to expect this type of "service" from most service centers as I travel? How do you feel comfortable traveling away from your home dealer if you can't find service if you need it?
RussM311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
I understand your concern, for sure. Nothing worse than being hundreds of miles from home and feeling like you're on your own. I suppose I'm in a somewhat different position as I'm a certified in heavy chassis repairs and carry everything I could possibly need with me -- I've changed starters, axle seals, slide gears, air conditioners and everything in between (I had a Holiday Rambler from hell before my Newmar) in campgrounds and parking lots.

I do know that it can be difficult out there. If I can offer you three suggestions: First, get and maintain CoachNet... they are invaluable, not just for towing. They will concierge and call around trying to find you what you need. Second, if you have have house-portion trouble on the road and you're under warranty -- call Newmar. It's their problem, not yours. Give them the zip code to where you're at, describe your issue and politely insist that they call you back when they have an appointment scheduled for you. Finally, Cummins CoachCare locations are great. They can solve many of your issues -- even some you wouldn't think to look to Cummins for. Not all locations are CoachCare, however.

Good luck and safe travels.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I travel quite a bit. I am not a full timer, and I usually have my family with me.

Getting service on the road is never really been a problem. What has been a problem is getting warranty coverage repairs on the road.

My prior coach was a fleetwood, and no dealer would service it under the warranty except the original dealer and that was a nightmare. I had AAC warranty, and they rarely paid.

When I got my newmar, I researched warrantys and purchased coachnets new warranty. I have not used it yet, but Newmars factory warranty has been stellar.

When I have had trouble on the road, they have facilitated getting warranty repairs done. They have sent mobile repair service to me to accommodate my schedule, and they have flown techs from Nappanee to my local dealer to correct some improper warranty work.

The Rv industry is way behind in customer service. Newmar has very little control over the dealers. I think that will change in time, but for now, the best way to get service is to call newmar and let them assist you. It really does work.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #22

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Thanks everyone for your responses.... some great ideas and some reassurance. I think I have found the answer..... from now on, I am going to travel wherever LindyT goes... LOL.
RussM311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, service