Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
REJEX? Pro's & Con's

We purchased our MH this past fall and the PO had it painted at the Newmar Plant in 2012. It looks great and I'm looking for a product to keep it looking that way! Newmar told me they use 3M products and recommended a polish not a wax. I have been reading about Rejex and some people love it. Would like to know what some other Newmar owners use for paint treatment twice a year? Thanks,

TodC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Here are some threads on the rejex while waiting for others to tell you about this product. https://www.google.com/search?q=REJE....com&x=25&y=15 I use it only on the front for bugs, from the top cap and air horns, down to the bottom, everything facing forward, bugs do not stick or dry on the paint. My Coach has been sitting in my garage since last Nov. and I seen a bug on the mirror the other day and I rubbed it with my finger lightly, and it came right off. Super stuff, but it is like using the old turtle wax........requiring a lot of eblow grease as my Father use to say...........
I have never did the whole Coach with it, it would be a job, but I can't say enough about the results of this product, amazing!

Old 03-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We use Nu Finish. It's very easy to apply and looks great. Sorry, I have no personal experience with Rejex but have heard good things about the results.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TodC
We purchased our MH this past fall and the PO had it painted at the Newmar Plant in 2012. It looks great and I'm looking for a product to keep it looking that way! Newmar told me they use 3M products and recommended a polish not a wax. I have been reading about Rejex and some people love it. Would like to know what some other Newmar owners use for paint treatment twice a year? Thanks,
I have used Rejex twice on our 2012 DSDP and Jeep toad. I have been very happy with the product and plan to keep using it. Also works wonders on keeping the painted wheels on our cars clean.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:06 PM   #5

X2 on Rejex. Just did front diamond shield, chrome mirrors, windshield. Went on easy and off easy. Great shine. The company also makes another good product called corrosion x.
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 PM   #6

its also big in the corvette world and boy are they anal!!! Reformed corvette owner.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Rejex is absolutely great! I use it on the front of the coach and all my cars. Will do the entire coach this year as well, just a little at a time. I'm told it does not last as long as paste wax, however, it does great on the cars.
MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:04 PM   #8

This is not an ad for these guys but take a look at what you can do to a MH. My freind in Dayton Fl area does boats and MHs and they look like new when he gets done.
Boat & RV Gel Coat Polishes
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Question for you guys that have been using Rejex. On the label it says to not apply it in direct sun and not allow direct sun on the applied area for 24 hours (if I remember correctly). Unless you have a pole barn, the perfect shade trees or spin your coach around during the day this is not the easiest thing to do. Your thoughts on the importance of their instructions?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:38 AM   #10

Glenn,
I talked to the Rejex people and they said keeping it out of sun IS very important, more so than air temperature. Something to do with allowing the polymer not to cure to quickly.
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
We are a happy user of Rejex.
On the entire 40' and toad.
Once per year works for us.
We do have the luxury of doing them inside.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wracinti View Post
Glenn,
I talked to the Rejex people and they said keeping it out of sun IS very important, more so than air temperature. Something to do with allowing the polymer not to cure to quickly.
Thanks for that info Wayne. I have used Rejex on my front cap and also on the walls of my shower. It seemed to work ok, I wouldn't say it was a game-changer product or even any better than what I normally wax the coach with.

I was thinking the shower would be a good test to see how long it lasted. At first the water beaded up very well but after about 3 months it was pretty much gone. I'll give it another try and apply several coats to one side of the shower and use my regular wax on the other just as a comparison.

I have been extremely happy with a product Optimum wax. It is simple to apply with a spray bottle and wipes right off with a microfiber cloth. No worries about direct sun, no drying time, spray-wipe-move to next spot. The whole coach is done in <2 hrs and it lasts 6 months.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #13

Rejex ?

Everyone has their favorites, the secret is not what you use , but when. Ask a lover of horses what they do after riding. After getting to your site, put your drink down and get to work. Bugs come off easy.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Question for you guys that have been using Rejex. On the label it says to not apply it in direct sun and not allow direct sun on the applied area for 24 hours (if I remember correctly). Unless you have a pole barn, the perfect shade trees or spin your coach around during the day this is not the easiest thing to do. Your thoughts on the importance of their instructions?
Actually it says 12 hours, and yes, if you don't have the luxury of covered storage, you should keep it out of direct sunlight by waiting just at sunset to do a section or turning the coach.

MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote