Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2018, 04:02 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Removing my old satellite dome from roof

I am going to remove my old dome and was wondering about , other than some screw holes in the roof what to expect to see on the roof where the wiring connects into the coach.

i am imagining a 2-3" inch hole in the centre that i can plug up with Dycor in order to access any wiring down the road for future satellite installations.

Any suggestions for what to avoid or modify for future ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2018, 04:10 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Eternabond tape is your friend here.
Will cover the larger holes better then packing with dicor.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
If the Coax and a poss control cable are under the dome and if your not going to use them, push them back into the roof ,and cover with a small 4" metal plate with 4 screw holes. Dicor around the hole place the plate on the roof , screw down, then dicor the screws and around the edge of the plate. Personally Id write or label on the cables and again on top the plate whats under there for the next owner. There will almost always be a "next"owner.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #4

I agree with BillJinOR to patch the holes. Screws holes can be Eternabond tape or sealant or leave stainless screws in the hole with sealant.

I just removed my King dome due to obsolete. I have the coax cable roof plate that I will re-use with maybe a Trav'ler.
1996 34'J Fleetwood Bounder, Chevy 454 TBI P-32, Bank PowerPack, Ultra Power Chip, BellCranks, Rear Trac Bar, Silver Safe-T-Plus and 04 CR-V Toad, Roadmaster Base Plate and All Terain Tow Bar, SMI Stay-In-Play DUO.
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:05 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The dome on my 2002 Dynasty was self-contained. The only perforations in the roof were screw holes and the coax, which was covered by a small plate. Easy patch job -- used Dicor self-leveling sealant.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:19 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the comments everyone. Now to find a 4" square piece of fibreglass for the big hole

Tags
roof, satellite