Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #1

Hi All

My wife and I would like to replace the hide-a-bed sofa in the lounge of our 2004 gas Mountain Aire. (Hide-a-bed was Newmar custom install) The current sofa is a light ivory fabric and it's almost impossible to keep it looking decent. We want to change it to a light colored leather hide-a-bed. My question is how do I get the old sofa out and get the new one in? I've been told by a couple of people that the sofa will come apart and can be take out in pieces. Also, that the new one is brought into the coach in pieces and put together there. Is this true? Also, do you know if I could make an appointment at Newmar and have them change it out for me? I don't like the idea of having to take a window or the windshield out.

Thanks for your help.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #2

Hi All

My wife and I would like to replace the hide-a-bed sofa in the lounge of our 2004 gas Mountain Aire. (Hide-a-bed was Newmar custom install) The current sofa is a light ivory fabric and it's almost impossible to keep it looking decent. We want to change it to a light colored leather hide-a-bed. My question is how do I get the old sofa out and get the new one in? I've been told by a couple of people that the sofa will come apart and can be take out in pieces. Also, that the new one is brought into the coach in pieces and put together there. Is this true? Also, do you know if I could make an appointment at Newmar and have them change it out for me? I don't like the idea of having to take a window or the windshield out.

Thanks for your help.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I would take it apart just so you can get out the door more easy an not bang up the wood work.
You can call Newmar, its a good time of year, slow and smaller hour rate and they would know how to do the job. It should be able to go out the door. I have the leather coach and easy to keep clean. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:42 PM   #4

We did the same thing on our Kountry Star gas. Contacted Bradd and Hall in Elkhart, Indiana, and they scheduled a visit and had the couch there when we arrived. Did nice work, took the couch out in two pieces. They have a detailed web site.