Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
If ya have to replace bay doors on an 08 Essex, does anyone know if Nappanee stocks replacements.....or, do they have to be manufactured from scratch??? From photos sent to North Trail, they think a couple of damaged doors on our rig will need replacement and since our son is heading home from yr. in Iraq, we'd like NOT to have to be tied up in the North Trail shop for 3-4 weeks. Thanks. Steve & Lynette
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
If ya have to replace bay doors on an 08 Essex, does anyone know if Nappanee stocks replacements.....or, do they have to be manufactured from scratch??? From photos sent to North Trail, they think a couple of damaged doors on our rig will need replacement and since our son is heading home from yr. in Iraq, we'd like NOT to have to be tied up in the North Trail shop for 3-4 weeks. Thanks. Steve & Lynette
Old 10-31-2008, 04:05 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
A couple of months ago I had occasion to need three replacement doors for my KSDP. At that time the body shop / dealer told me Newmar makes doors three days a week and was only making them every other week at the time. As I recall He received the doors in two weeks. The doors are bare aluminum and must be primed and painted. Hope this helps
imgoin4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:12 AM   #4

Are they replacing the actual doors or just new skins? The skins on my rig were rolled aluminum and were glued/ taped to an aluminum frame. Don't ask how I know

As h moffitt said my skins were bare aluminum and had to be primed and painted to match after installation.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #5

I guess you could ask Rob Sanders (at North Trail), since he is the highline service rep.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:32 AM   #6

Steve,

We just had to replace 2 bay doors on our DSDP. This was done at Precision Paint in Bremen. Newmar had to build the doors and there was that issue that they are built by the production crew that works 4 days a week, every other week at the moment. So, they ordered the doors on October 13th and scheduled us to come in on the 27th. When we arrived on the 27th, one door did not arrive until that afternoon. The 2nd door didn't arrive until Wednesday and only after a lot of calling demands, promises and so forth between Precision & Newmar.

Precision told us that Newmar always has to build the doors. I would have them order the doors and go back once the parts are in.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:46 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks folks!! Looks like it's going to be quite a wait for new doors. Well, we'll figure something out. Thanks again. Steve & Lynette
Old 11-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #8

Where is North Trail?

Can any Newmar dealership order the doors.

Yes, <STRIKE>I</STRIKE> my DW may have damaged a couple of doors. Darn her!
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
MikeandClaudia: North Trail is in Ft. Myers, Florida. Haven't been there yet but supposed to be a BIG outfit and Newmar dealer. Steve & Lynette
Old 11-02-2008, 04:57 AM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Haven't been there yet but supposed to be a BIG outfit and Newmar dealer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

North Trail has an excellent reputation, and I can vouch for that.

They may be a big outfit, but they don't have a lot of acreage. There are MH's parked everywhere and every which a way.

There ain't room to cuss a cat!

They have a guy, whose job is to jockey MH's around all day. I don't recall his name, but he is a first class driver. He can put a MH is a spot that seems impossible to get into.

They do most of the work outside and you can stay in your rig while they work.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 AM   #11

Steve & Lynette,

I found out that Newmar does not stock bay door panels for your Essex. The reason they gave for not stocking is that the doors are different for each floor plan. They can make them in 2 or 3 days, provided that Production is running. Currently, Production is working 2 weeks and then they are off 1 week, then work 2 weeks, etc. They are working this week, so if you get your order placed, through a dealer, it could get shipped by the end of the week. I can get you a price, if you want. I will need your coach number. Let me know.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hey Bill!! Thank you, thank you. We take the rig in to North Trail tomarrow (Tues.) and I'll encourage them to place the order right away. Our coach no. is 800777 but you've already helped alot so no need to do more...unless you're really bored waiting for your rig. Thanks again. Steve & Lynette