Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2017, 02:32 PM   #1

Replacement Glass for Drivers Side Mirror

Well I managed to break the glass in the drivers side mirror, hadn't even made it onto the road but was just backing out of the storage

Trying to figure out where I can buy the replacement glass as that is all I need. It is the bottom convex piece, not the main mirror. The housing says on it velvacrv.com but that site is no longer in service.

The housing itself has a part number of 717021, and the glass has a whole slew of numbers:
P0100774-00 P 12V 9W (obviously it is 12volt, 9 watt!)
7476460 B1892867-359 20

I have tried googling and looking at various sites to no avail

Any suggestions on where I can get this glass would be very much appreciated

Thanks
Dave
usdave1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Velvac has been a supplier of mirrors for trucks, buses, and RVs for a long time. Their website is:

Order RV Mirrors | Velvac

Convex mirrors for Velvac are also available at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_5vg834cjy4_e

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:42 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Any Auto Glass shop can cut you a new mirror, heated or not. This includes "Mobile Glass Repair" and you will find one of those (or more) in nearly every decent city from Maine to California.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I had an idiot try to pass me pulling a travel trailer, and smashed my convex mirror (same mirror as your situation).....before I could get him stopped.

Ordered a replacement convex from Velvac, took less than half hour to replace.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Velvac has been a supplier of mirrors for trucks, buses, and RVs for a long time. Their website is:

Order RV Mirrors | Velvac

Convex mirrors for Velvac are also available at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_5vg834cjy4_e
Thanks for the reply, for some reason the Velvac website wasn't working for me but now it is. However, if I try and search by vehicle make and model i.e. Newmar Canyon Star, the only option is for a 2008 model year, mine is a 2014.

There are obviously options available by looking at the pictures and also two that I can see on Amazon, but I cannot find anything that either matches the part numbers I have or indicates an alternative part number that will fit

Any suggestions on that? I am about to bite the bullet and order one on Amazon, try it and if it doesn't fit return it.....

Thanks again
Dave
Old 02-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdave1t View Post
Thanks for the reply, for some reason the Velvac website wasn't working for me but now it is. However, if I try and search by vehicle make and model i.e. Newmar Canyon Star, the only option is for a 2008 model year, mine is a 2014.

There are obviously options available by looking at the pictures and also two that I can see on Amazon, but I cannot find anything that either matches the part numbers I have or indicates an alternative part number that will fit

Any suggestions on that? I am about to bite the bullet and order one on Amazon, try it and if it doesn't fit return it.....

Thanks again
Dave
I had a side mirror (the flat portion) quickly and cheaply repaired after I got caught in a hailstorm. I don't know about convex glass, I've never tried replacing one of those. I think before ordering from Amazon or Velvac I'd take the mirror head or the plastic frame the glass was mounted in to a local glass shop and see what they say. It might be a much cheaper and quicker solution.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #7

I do not know if Ramco makes your mirror, you might contact them and ask. If they do, they will likely sell you part that you need. ramco-eng.com

I broke my passenger mirror off. The cost from Newmar - $1,800. The cost from Ramco - $800. They were great to work with.

BrokeDown
Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon - Harley FLTCR - 2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS - Also considering a Polaris General 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT
BrokeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #8

Thanks all for the tips and advice. I found one I believe will fit for $23 on Amazon so ordering one and keeping fingers crossed.

Dave
Old 09-24-2021, 05:41 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Was it quite a job to replace, did you have to take off the whole mirror completely, ?
Mrbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Did you have to take the 3ntire mirror off
Mrbrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, driver, replace, replacement