Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by buc1908 View Post
If you want the best is only one Waste Master by Lippert.
While I now use the Sani-con Turbo, my Waste Master is by far the strongest and best out of the slinky's. The connections simply do not leak.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny-shawna View Post
While I now use the Sani-con Turbo, my Waste Master is by far the strongest and best out of the slinky's. The connections simply do not leak.
Can you use the Waste master through the hole in the wet bay? If you have a picture how it could or was setup that would be appreciated. Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #31

Rhino Flex.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:29 AM   #32

Valterra Triple Wrap

I find it interesting that so far, nobody has mentioned Valterra's super heavy-duty "Triple Wrap" hose. The silver/gray hose that only comes as a bare hose -- no connections.

Up until we bought our new-to-us Kountry Star, that was my standard -- in our 5th Wheel trailer and in our little Chinook. In 9 years I've never gotten a hole or had a problem with any of my Valterra Triple Wrap hoses -- and that includes dragging them over a lot of sharp crushed rock RV sites.

And that makes sense. They're made for full-timing and semi-permanent installations. I believe they're the heaviest (not the thickest) and most durable sewer hose available. I might add that they're MUCH more durable and UV resistant than the Rhino-Flex I originally bought for our 5th Wheel -- that turned into powder under the Sun in less than a year.

HOWEVER, it doesn't look like the Triple Wrap will work in our Kountry Star because it's too stiff, doesn't stretch enough, and doesn't compress enough to fit in Newmar's small diameter sewer hose storage compartment with the sharp 90° angle turn. Darn. That's been my favorite hose of all.

So I bought a new Valterra Viper set for this coach. This hose is much more flexible and compressible and "should" work out. Only time will tell.

By the way, for you experienced Newmar owners -- how the heck do you deal with that small diameter sewer hose storage tube? It's not large enough to fit either end of a sewer hose! Am I missing something?

The previous owner had a Valterra hose with EZ couplings on it. The end he stuck into the storage holder was just the EZ Coupler -- so it fits. But when you want to use the hose, you have to thread on another hose with fittings attached! That seems dumb.

I think I'll start a new thread on this subject. I shouldn't hijack this one for my question.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:33 AM   #33

I use a thin film of Plumbers Silicone Grease on the sewer hose connections especially the rubber(?) seal. I also apply a water resistant silicone to all movable joints in the fittings. It makes putting on and removing the fittings easier and keeps them from leaking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plumber Silicone Grease.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	208292  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:44 AM   #34

Canuck it really depends on the layout of the compartment, measurement to the hose hole. On my 2017 DS I couldn’t come up with a combination of elbows, adjustments or otherwise to come through the hole. In my case not an issue since I don’t connect the hose until I need to dump. I don’t leave the valves open like some folks do and also don’t want to leave the hose exposed to massive UV hear in the West.

But it so quick to attach to the cam-lok and easy to store that I don’t see any real downside to not coming up through the hole.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Can you use the Waste master through the hole in the wet bay? If you have a picture how it could or was setup that would be appreciated. Thanks
Not with the Sani-con installed as it covers the hole. As a back--up, I will be installing another opening in that bay just in case I need it.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #36

Another vote for Lippert Waste Cam lock sewer hose. I like their hose support system too. $$
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
Canuck it really depends on the layout of the compartment, measurement to the hose hole. On my 2017 DS I couldn’t come up with a combination of elbows, adjustments or otherwise to come through the hole. In my case not an issue since I don’t connect the hose until I need to dump. I don’t leave the valves open like some folks do and also don’t want to leave the hose exposed to massive UV hear in the West.

But it so quick to attach to the cam-lok and easy to store that I don’t see any real downside to not coming up through the hole.
Thanks I thought maybe you used magic to get it to go...good tip on the UV damage potential.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny-shawna View Post
Not with the Sani-con installed as it covers the hole. As a back--up, I will be installing another opening in that bay just in case I need it.
I was thinking the same thing that another hole would be needed closer to the hose reel.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement