Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #1

Replacement Sewer Hose

Nasty topic I know but we need to replace our sewer hose due to issue with some minor leaking when emptying the tanks. Any recommendations on a long lasting hose which compresses for storage with a minimum amount of leakage? Thanks in advance.
jwl_atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2018, 12:38 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Valtera dominator

Valterra D04-0275 20 Feet Dominator Sewer Hose Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BDEPJ1W..._xd.kBbRVZ17BV
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #3

Another happy Dominator user.

BTW, there is no such thing as a minor leak when dumping the tanks...
Old 06-21-2018, 01:04 PM   #4

X3 on the dominator. Also carry a spare 20 foot kit just in case but have not needed it yet. Holding up nicely and accordions into tote easily as well.

Agree with the “no such thing as minor leak”. No leaks at all from our dominator.
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #5

I like the Thetford Titan but is doesn't compress that well due to very heavy wall construction. However, you can step on it without damage.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBEXWCC...&pd_rd_w=TrRvB
Old 06-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #6

Has anyone ever tried 2 - 4 inch pump discharge hose? I know there is a "kink" factor with a discharge hose that might be mitigated with rolling out the hose in a large circle. It might drain easier and would surely roll up and store better.
jbikes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Happy Rhino-flex owner, the one with orange ends. On our third (?) over ten years; replace them every couple of years just in case. Not sure what you mean by "compress for storage" but the Rhino flex hose easily compress/shrinks in length. I especially like that when you shrink it down it is very firm - you can hold it upright. You can't crush it, if that's what you meant, which I consider a good thing.

We also keep the cheap "free" set from the dealer as a spare; ironically our most recent dealer gave us a new Rhino-flex as our starter set, so that's now our spare!
Old 06-22-2018, 04:48 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X4 Dominator!
Old 06-22-2018, 05:09 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Valterra Dominator is what I got too, it's a sealed system, no leaks like the crappy hose (pun intended) you get from Newmar.

https://amzn.to/2tlV8L7 - Amazon
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:00 AM   #10

Another Dominator fan. Had one section that was coming up on 8 years old so I tossed it and replaced it. I keep enough to run 40' if needed.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:07 AM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Two years ago I switched to the Blueline system, which features slip on connections instead of twist on. It is lighter and compresses nicely, and despite some initial concerns, the connections have never come off. The hoses are not as robust as other brands, but with a little care it all works perfectly.

https://www.campingworld.com/search?...ine+sewer+hose
MD-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:20 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
I like the Camco Rhino, the brown one with orange ends, it compresses easily and takes up very little space, it's rigid which means it's a little more forgiving on the hose stands and stays put without falling between the folds in the stand. I'm thinking it might get really stiff in cold weather though.

I also have Valterra Viper hoses and they are much more flexible and require closer spacing of hose stands since it likes to fall thru the gaps between the sections. That said, they seem to be very durable and nice quality. I had a pinhole leak in one of them after a few uses and contacted Valterra for replacement. (one year warranty)

Great no hassle customer service. Just emailed them a photo of the hose where it was leaking along with copy of the sale receipt and they sent a whole new set to replace one leaking hose.

I will continue to use both of these. HTH

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #13

Another Rhino hose here. The only thing that I didn't know about until this past weekend is you need to check the end with the 90 on it once in awhile. Mine almost came off, you just have to make sure the jam nut is tight.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:19 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemcdou View Post
Happy Rhino-flex owner, the one with orange ends. On our third (?) over ten years; replace them every couple of years just in case. Not sure what you mean by "compress for storage" but the Rhino flex hose easily compress/shrinks in length. I especially like that when you shrink it down it is very firm - you can hold it upright. You can't crush it, if that's what you meant, which I consider a good thing.
Agree totally on the RhinoFlex - changed to this brand when we took delivery of our VTDP and was shocked at how much easier to handle and store!
wepinegar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement