Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #1
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Replacing front/rear overhead clearance lights

I am looking to replace with leds, all of the overhead oem front/rear-amber/red clearance lights and the (2) amber colored(1 on each side) side marker lights that blink in conjunction with the turn signals. I will need (5) amber for the front, (5) red for the rear, (2) amber for the side marker/blinker lights on our 2004 Newmar DS. Anyone have a suggested source/link that I could check? Thanks.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
I have an 08 Dutchstar and have had to replace two of the clearance lights in the front. In 08 they were led but what I would call "low tech" back then. It was a very difficult job to dig thru the gobs of silicone they put up there and find the lead wires to tap in to. I was able to find exact replacements on Amazon but they are pricey. My suggestion to you is, if your lights need occasional attention due to a burnt bulb, i wouldn't mess with them. I don't know what your light situation is in an 04, but i wish I could just put a new bulb in and not have to change the whole light which is hard and expensive. jmo mark
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:54 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Try here:

M4 Products

g
Old 04-12-2016, 05:02 AM   #4

Try www.grote.com That's where I got ours.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:52 AM   #5
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks to those that replied and with links. Can't remember if my oh lights have removable lens covers(screws) or not; if so, maybe just clean the lens and replace the filament bulbs with available led ones? I agree on the globs of silicon around the existing ones as that would be a chore to remove. All of my existing oh lights currently work except for one that is burnt out; they're just not as bright as I would like. I rarely travel at night and have no intention of doing so but have in the past been caught in rainstorms during the day which usually require lights to be on when using the wipers.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #6

I have an 03 and all mine were LED, I've had to replace a few of them, they weren't a big deal to replace, got the replacements from Newmar, don't recall the cost but don't believe they were very expensive, or I would have remembered.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:11 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I replaced mine on my 05 KSCA. They were led and the plastic had crystallized. They were also full of dirt. Seems like they were around $10 each from Newmar. Not bad individually but about a hundred for the set. The globs of silicone were a bear. It's really a pretty poor design when you have one inch or larger holes drilled in the top front of your coach. Definitely a spot for water to enter.

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
I am looking to replace with leds, all of the overhead oem front/rear-amber/red clearance lights and the (2) amber colored(1 on each side) side marker lights that blink in conjunction with the turn signals. I will need (5) amber for the front, (5) red for the rear, (2) amber for the side marker/blinker lights on our 2004 Newmar DS. Anyone have a suggested source/link that I could check? Thanks.
Hello, I have a 2007 Newmar Ventana, I'm trying to figure out how to replace the marker lights. I unscrewed the lens, doesn't look like a bulb there to replace thinking I need to replace the entire until, I have 5 going across the top. I tried removing the fixture but it doesn't want to come out. Does anyone know how to remove these fixtures? It isn't a caulking issue as that is removed, I can wiggle the fixture but it won't pull from the hole so I can look for a model number. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
gmbriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:14 AM   #9

I replaced mine as the bases were getting very weathered and the lens were faded. It has been awhile since I replaced mine but they are a Grote part, 47262 and 47263. I found a less expensive source than Newmar on line.

As I remember they come with no gaskets for the base or the lens. Newmar used both and they were available from Newmar.

Tags
light, lights