Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2016, 04:56 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Hi Gary!

We just ordered our coach today and we got the King Aire floors (fsudelts fault for making me love them) Essex headboard, extra outlets, lights in pantry, and switched out some fabrics. I am not done yet either but I wanted to get our order in to get our spot set up. Please pray for our dealer, he doesn't know what he is in for, ha ha
I think they know! :-). We would have done even more tweaking had we known what was possible :-)

If/when we ever get another one, the dealer will surely be ready to shoot us by the time the specials are done :-)

So excited for you all! Will be watching for your posts. It's so fun to watch others do this also!

Newmar will let you take pics of your build. You can also write on your inside wall - if I had thought about it, I would have taken in a set of colored markers and/or glitter glue and done it up properly and more diva like :-)
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2016, 03:09 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Hi Gary!

We just ordered our coach today and we got the King Aire floors (fsudelts fault for making me love them) Essex headboard, extra outlets, lights in pantry, and switched out some fabrics. I am not done yet either but I wanted to get our order in to get our spot set up. Please pray for our dealer, he doesn't know what he is in for, ha ha
Congrats on the order! Now the hard part, waiting for build & delivery!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:35 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I just love these threads!
Congratulations!
Old 01-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had many specials on our unit but the one that I have been most pleased with is the upgrade to the solid hardwood raised panel doors on the interior of the coach. These are the doors used in the Mountain Aire and are a true raised panel door. The standard Dutch Star doors are hollow and have molding stapled to one side of the door and the other side is a flat panel. They are light weight and in my opinion feel quite cheap. The solid hardwood doors are substantial in weight and look great.

It was one of my most expensive specials but I'm very pleased with these doors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	147968  
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #19

Swag,

We have this special on our list. What is the approximate cost? Which doors were replaced? Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Swag,

We have this special on our list. What is the approximate cost? Which doors were replaced? Thanks
I didn't ask Newmar to break out individual specials pricing on my order so not sure what the cost was. However, I was speaking with someone ordering a DS 4369 and I believe he was quoted about $2,300 by Newmar for the doors.

On my 4381 floor plan I have three pocket doors, one at the half bath, one between the kitchen and the full bath and the third between the full bath and the bedroom. The 4369 floor plan will have the pocket door between the bedroom and rear bath and then the two sliding doors between the bedroom and the kitchen. I'm assuming the cost for the two floor plans would be similar.

If I was ordering another Dutch Star I would definitely order these doors again, I doubt you will be disappointed.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #21

Thanks we have the solid doors in the S&B and they really cut down the noise.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Thanks we have the solid doors in the S&B and they really cut down the noise.
That's a great point. I usually go to bed earlier than my wife and with our bedroom at the rear of the coach and two doors between me and the TV, there is total silence in the bedroom. This alone was worth the money spent.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:39 AM   #23

Spartan Chassis
Keep your ideas coming - even though it is COSTING US $$$

THANK YOU to everyone for taking the time to help!

I have had the chance to talk with a few of you and plan to talk with a few more! It really helps to read about your ideas and plans.

I am going to the Tampa RV Show Thursday afternoon (Jan 19 & 20th) and all day Friday! Hope to talk with people and learn as much as possible. Keep the info coming - even though it is costing us $$$ Money

Thanks again everyone!

Gary
glester99@gmail.com
614-519-9666
glester99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:01 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by glester99 View Post
THANK YOU to everyone for taking the time to help!

I have had the chance to talk with a few of you and plan to talk with a few more! It really helps to read about your ideas and plans.

I am going to the Tampa RV Show Thursday afternoon (Jan 19 & 20th) and all day Friday! Hope to talk with people and learn as much as possible. Keep the info coming - even though it is costing us $$$ Money

Thanks again everyone!

Gary
glester99@gmail.com
614-519-9666
Gary, you probably already know about the official NKK rally at Tampa, and in case you hadn't seen it, there's this:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/hoot...ow-320302.html

HTH -
- CC
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:28 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by glester99 View Post
Keep the info coming - even though it is costing us $$$ Money

Thanks again everyone!

Gary
glester99@gmail.com
614-519-9666
Hi Gary,

Oh boy, you aren't the only one.

There are so many interesting things that people have done that I would never have thought of doing. Thank heavens for all the irv2 contributors willing to share their ideas.

Can't wait to hear about what you go with!

Lynn
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star