Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2019, 08:58 AM   #29

Would not add these to existing post ;

RT 550 - Alpine Loop- Both ;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80lvp5u.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	242251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Million-Dollar-Highway - SNow covered.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	242252  

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2019, 12:45 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Seat Belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post

That's a good call. We expect them to already be in place at the 87" sofa was well as the booth. We plan to go with the K555 option, so we're thinking that should give us at least 7 seatbelt locations not counting the driver and passenger. 3x at the 87" sofa and 4x at the booth. I'll add it to my list of things to verify and create specials for if it doesn't meet our needs.

I'm going to guess that the DS is like the VT as far as seatbelts go. In the '19 VT 4310/4326 the extra belt in the dinette (0K283 - Comfort Booth Dinette w/Steel Frame and Seat Belt) is a single extra belt, facing forward by the window. There are then 7 other belts (3 on the 87" sofa; 2 on the loveseat; pilot; co-pilot). So with the modified dinette you can get a total of 8 belts. I didn't see that option when I scanned RVone for the DS.
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Camper View Post
We did the GE Adventum vented to the outside and have been very happy with this. I do agree, they could use a different vent. Ours has only made noise on one trip where we had a side wind but we just turned the Microwave vent on low while driving and it went silent. Has anyone else modified their vent?
We need to have the Adventum replace because the door wont shut tight and they can not adjust it. Maybe when they have it out I can have something different done with the vent. Tiffins have vents and don't have a problem. the magnets sound like a good idea that I want to look into.
Essex-Spensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
I knew factory visits are certainly a thing, especially when you have an order but I had no idea it was possible to actually sit down with Michelle to go over things in person. I will definitely inquire with her about doing that! Thanks for the great tip!

I don't have a special to raise the DS cabinets. I think you might be referencing Special #5 which is to reduce the depth of the kitchen OHC; that is to make them a bit shallower and to line up flush with the jackknife OHC. Making them shorter would certainly help but we figured that would be a denied and we know there's probably not much room to make them any shallower as we requested. Looking at the pictures though and walking through other units (I've still not been able to locate a near by 4326 to walk through), it appears there might be a possible inch or two that could be recovered. When I asked Michelle, she said they'd never done it for a customer but engineering makes the final call and advised me to include it and see what they say.

What does "SO" stand for? Special Order?
Yes SO is special Order. I an referring to the driver side cabinets above the dinette and the couch. we changed ours to be straight from the fridge to the slide wall behind the driver seat. Not to decrease the size but to make it higher. Glad we did it holds alot.
Essex-Spensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex-Spensive View Post
Yes SO is special Order. I an referring to the driver side cabinets above the dinette and the couch. we changed ours to be straight from the fridge to the slide wall behind the driver seat. Not to decrease the size but to make it higher. Glad we did it holds alot.
Ah! Yes, that's special #6 on my list unless I'm misunderstanding you.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #34

So, since I got my build sheet the other day and saw the crazy price for an SP Chassis, I've now got to reconsider my towing setup. Originally, we planned to go with an SP K2 and use the DEMCO Air Force One, since the K2 includes an air chuck at the back and the Air Force One also charges the battery - another requirement for my toad.

However, after seeing that the price doubled for the K2, we're going with FL. I'm wondering what options I have for using the Air Force One on the FL chassis.

I'm pulling a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
You can use AF1 - not an issue. Spartan simply has it installed for you, you can have it installed. I paid Demco (whatever their name was in June 2017) $100 to install the coach side, not a big deal. Definitely not something to even be a decision maker between the two chassis, this is absolutely trivial.

As to Special #1 - I doubt Newmar will do that for you as part of your build, that is a quite custom situation. What they may do is do that for you as a retail item, i.e. post delivery. You could provide them your pictures and they could give you an estimate to build out and do it for you. I'm not sure who really does their cabinetry is the thing. It's probably outsourced.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #36

Thanks NealC. I figured as much but wanted to get the thoughts of those who know. You might be right about the special. Worst they can say is no. I hear there are several carpenters around the factory that do customization work, using the same materials as Newmar.

I'm pretty sure Newmar does their own cabinetry. http://storybook.link/NewmarFactoryTour/?p=5
Old 04-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
As to Special #1 - I doubt Newmar will do that for you as part of your build, that is a quite custom situation. What they may do is do that for you as a retail item, i.e. post delivery. You could provide them your pictures and they could give you an estimate to build out and do it for you. I'm not sure who really does their cabinetry is the thing. It's probably outsourced.
Newmar will totally do it. Wife just found someone on FB that just took delivery of their 2019 DSDP. Guess what special they had?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	special-1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	243397  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Sweet!!!
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:33 AM   #39

For those who might want want a dedicated desk and are willing to sacrifice their jack knife for it, I see no reason that setup could not be turned into a traditional desk.

We still plan to go with basic cabinetry as shown. I just don't think I'd use a dedicated desk enough.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:18 PM   #40

The dedicated desk would be awesome! DH was just asking about that and I was sure I had seen it somewhere! Your DS will be incredible!
Old 04-24-2019, 03:21 PM   #41

Going through my specials with Newmar now. Right now, we're at a point where the additional cabinetry cannot be added because Newmar is requires a seatbelt position for every sleeping position in the rig. In a standard 4326, that's 6-7 sleeping positions:
  • 2x @ king/queen bed
  • 2x @ bunks
  • 1x @ dinette booth (if opted for)
  • 2x @ 87" hide-a-bed sofa
To get that many seat belt locations, you need the jackknife sofa because apparently the dinette booth only provides 1x seatbelt instead of the 4x locations one would naturally assume and Newmar cannot/will not add additional seatbelts to the dinette booth.

The only workaround I see that might make it possible in a 4326 is to replace the 87" sofa with the 87" theater seats that are an option for 2020. Assuming those do have seatbelts and do not count as a sleeping position, that would get us to 4x-5x sleeping positions:
  • 2x @ king/queen bed
  • 2x @ bunks
and 4x-5x seatbelt positions:
  • 1x @ driver's seat
  • 1x @ passenger's seat
  • 2x @ theater seats

Its definitely a sub-optimal setup when it comes to seating but I also don't see it as terrible. I would have preferred the K555 Sofa/Dinettte booth combination option.

Be forewarned anyone seeking to do this on a 4326/4310. I'm not even sure if we'll get to do it
Old 04-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #42

They had a dedicated desk in the canyon star 3913. Was behind the eating area. Loved the setup when we saw it but unfortunately it looked like the from cap had some water issues.
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote