Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
GKU

Roadside Assistance

This has probably been kicked around before, but I would like to have the newest options.

My Coach Net is getting ready to expire.

Which is a better plan Coach Net or Good Sam? (Travel Insurance).

I want it to cover my Coach and my cars.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Be prepared, you're going to hear stories for all the roadside assistance programs, good and bad. Perhaps you'll hear a consensus, but I doubt it. Use the search box at the top right of the page with the Google logo to search for threads on these topics from the past.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:32 PM   #3

I've been shopping for Class A insurance for my (yet to be purchased) Mountain Aire and I hearing of Roadside Assistance being a part of the policy. A reasonable expense Towing and Roadside Assistance-Unlimited ? and it only adding $50 to the policy. This is part of a Foremost Insurance quote.
Having little to no experience with using or making a claim, this may help solve my quest/search for additional roadside assistance. May be worth investigating further or having feedback from the forum, here.
Hope this helps.

I believe the towed vehicle is covered under the MH policy as long as it is not a truck, something about >10,000 lbs. I think the towed car would have to have its own separate policy when not being towed as well. Not sure how that works either.

http://www.foremostexpressstar.com/motor_home.asp
edwardvan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvan00 View Post
I've been shopping for Class A insurance for my (yet to be purchased) Mountain Aire and I hearing of Roadside Assistance being a part of the policy. A reasonable expense Towing and Roadside Assistance-Unlimited ? and it only adding $50 to the policy. This is part of a Foremost Insurance quote.
Having little to no experience with using or making a claim, this may help solve my quest/search for additional roadside assistance. May be worth investigating further or having feedback from the forum, here.
Hope this helps.

I believe the towed vehicle is covered under the MH policy as long as it is not a truck, something about >10,000 lbs. I think the towed car would have to have its own separate policy when not being towed as well. Not sure how that works either.
Bad choice. Yes the insurance may eventually reimburse your towing expense, but you will have to lay out the money up front to the towing company, and it can be very expensive. Also, will your insurance company locate a qualified road service provider and dispatch them to you? CoachNet will do this no matter where you are located, and they will pay the provider directly so you are never out of pocket.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:10 PM   #5
GKU

Right now I am deciding between Coach Net and GoodSam. In looking at other threads it seems that Coach Net is the better choice.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #6

Check with your insurance carrier. They may provide coverage for next to nothing.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:43 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Compare the Coach Net plan to the one being offered by FMCA. I have been with Coach Net for 10 plus years and I am probably going to change to the FMCA plan.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #8

Check out FMCA (Family Motor Coacvh Assoc), they beat Good Sam's, plus all of their other benefits. We saved with their insurance program, bought tires for our old coach at practically wholesale, check them out!!
brynwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brynwood View Post
Check out FMCA (Family Motor Coacvh Assoc), they beat Good Sam's, plus all of their other benefits. We saved with their insurance program, bought tires for our old coach at practically wholesale, check them out!!
But does FMCA provide all the fire starter that Good Sam supplies by USPS? Dozens of offers by Camping World, GS, and so forth?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
But does FMCA provide all the fire starter that Good Sam supplies by USPS? Dozens of offers by Camping World, GS, and so forth?

Took me a minute to figure this one out. Good one
Old 06-25-2018, 05:53 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If you decide to leave CoachNet I would look at FMCA.

I have been very satisfied with CoachNet over the years. I have their Basic Plan which covers everything I need, towing, flat tires, etc... as a renewing member it's $89.00 per year. New members pay $249.00 so I'm careful not to let my membership expire. Assume you also have the ability to renew at $89.00, if not I would definitely look in to the FMCA plan sy. $69.00.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:02 AM   #12
GKU

Yes I will consider FMCA, I'm just not sure of their coverage area. The last thing that I want is to be stuck on the roadside for hours!!
Old 06-26-2018, 04:28 AM   #13

Just changed Ins Co and they do towing, tires,gas, etc you get the picture, thru FMCA, but as a back up plan I also bought the FMCA towing package and hope I never have to find out how good either plan is, Good Luck
Old 06-26-2018, 06:13 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
From what i have reading on these, and other, blogs FMCA seems to be popular as well. I think that they all OFFER great benefits but the trick is to utilize them when you are in a position to need them and Good Sams seems to fall flat on their face in that category.

I would love to see any of them offer a " tow to YOUR' technician of choice " option. In my books I would be willing to pay the premium if offered the choice and a quote when its required.