Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For Tampa, Service requests need to be returned to Newmar by 12/16 (in case anyone else was having trouble finding that date).

HTH
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2016, 06:30 AM   #44

Just saw this thread. We plan to be there and look forward to seeing everyone!
Old 11-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #45

We won't be making it this year as we'll be doing our 'every 4th year in Hawaii. We'll be over there all winter. Tough job, but some poor SOB has to di it!
We've been to the Tampa Super Show Rally 7 times & have enjoyed all the fun, exhibits, entertainment shows, vendors & new coaches.
Have a great show!
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #46

Tampa Super Show NKK Rally

We will be there with friends who have an Airstream trailer. Looking forward to the show and meeting other Newmar owners.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #47

We will be there from Tuesday to Sunday. This is my first time attending and I have a couple of questions.

Will it be a problem that I will have my toad with us?

We are not very good at water management, will we be able to drive somewhere to dump the gray tank and top off the water?

Thanks
BrokeDown
Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon - Harley FLTCR - 2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS - Also considering a Polaris General 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT
BrokeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:10 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
We will be there from Tuesday to Sunday. This is my first time attending and I have a couple of questions.

Will it be a problem that I will have my toad with us?

We are not very good at water management, will we be able to drive somewhere to dump the gray tank and top off the water?

Thanks
BrokeDown

You better learn water management pretty quick or its gonna get messy.....
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hunt View Post
You better learn water management pretty quick or its gonna get messy.....
I was thinking that surely there would be a pumper truck coming around...

Maybe someone that has attended before could tell us.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:56 AM   #50

Only 30A power is provided. No water or sewer. Unless someone else knows of a closer place, I'd say that Lazy Days (about 15 minutes away) is the closest place to dump and refill.

There are no pumpouts.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:52 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGriffin View Post
Only 30A power is provided. No water or sewer. Unless someone else knows of a closer place, I'd say that Lazy Days (about 15 minutes away) is the closest place to dump and refill.

There are no pumpouts.
Yikes! Tank conservation five day test.

Guess we will be getting our Fitbit steps in, hiking to bathrooms :-). We will be jealous of all you with gravity flush toilets, that's for sure! Oh and I declare pony tails to be the fashion forward hairstyle of choice (bald is even better)! AND no cooking, no dishes.

Adventure awaits!
Old 11-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #52

Two settings on Macerator toilets

There are two settings on the Macerator toilets. Normal is about .8 gallons per flush and the low mode is .4 gallons per flush. Hold down the flush button until it blinks to toggle between the two modes.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:56 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
We typically attend the Gathering In The Desert in Quartzsite at that time of the year but we'll be at NKK gathering at the Florida RV Supershow this year. On our first year at Quartzsite we managed four days with only a small amount of holding tank capacity left in reserve. Last year we managed nine days there before we hit the road, again with a small reserve of holding tank capacity remaining. Five days is very doable with minimal conservation measures. See you at the show!!!
Old 12-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wonder if we'd be allowed to coordinate a local pump-out service to come on site. I don't think there'll be a way for our black tank to last 5+ days, especially if we hang out around the rigs a lot...

Does anyone know if there are porta potties on the grounds for desperate people? I understand that the show building itself (and its bathrooms) are locked overnight...

I also see from previous years threads that we might not be able to pull our rigs out to go off site to dump...

Are any other dual-macerator owners concerned about this?

Thx -

- CC
Old 12-27-2016, 05:46 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
I wonder if we'd be allowed to coordinate a local pump-out service to come on site. I don't think there'll be a way for our black tank to last 5+ days, especially if we hang out around the rigs a lot...

Does anyone know if there are porta potties on the grounds for desperate people? I understand that the show building itself (and its bathrooms) are locked overnight...

I also see from previous years threads that we might not be able to pull our rigs out to go off site to dump...

Are any other dual-macerator owners concerned about this?

Thx -

- CC

Yes!
Capt. Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #56

Freightliner Owners Club
For those planning to attend the Tampa Rally -- a potential worthwhile diversion.

On Thursday evening (19th) there is a scheduled night launch (7:46p) from Cape Canaveral (details via link below). There are lots of decent viewing locations near the Cape without actually having to enter the facility, and its not much more than 120 miles from the location of the Rally. Night launches are fairly rare, and quite spectacular to watch. I don't know what the Rally schedule looks like for Thursday, but this could be a worthwhile side trip. You would probably need to leave the Rally site by 5:30p or so, and would be back by around 10:30p. Only issue in terms of planning is that launches are frequently scrubbed/re-scheduled so it requires some checking to make sure it is actually going to happen. I'll post any updates that I find.

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/e...-v-sbirs-geo-3
MD-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote