Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Roll up curtain with awning?

Hi. We're real newbees with our new to us 2005 MADP. We bought a curtain to hang from our side awning. It was a real pain to install with me hanging onto the stepladder feeding the curtain while the DW tugged it along until it completely slid into the slot. First big wind to come up I scrambled to remove it while being pummeled with flapping curtain and flailing tied down ropes. In retrospect I wonder if I needed to remove it at all. I've seen mention of just rolling the curtain up with the awning. Our curtain is @ 17' long so it's a foot or two shorter than the awning at each end. Is it safe to roll the curtain up into the awning? Anything we need to look out for? The awning hardware on the MH appears to be the original WeatherPro model.
Thanks for the help. We really appreciate the depth of knowledge and expertise represented in this forum.
Grwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I wouldn't its going to not wrap up flat against the awning itself and will add weight to the the roller and make it sage sooner than it will.
If its a motor driven awning will put strain on motor and cause problems which auto awnings will have anyway.
They have clips that go in awning roll slot that have hooks you could have eyelets placed in screen material and only have to hook screen to roll.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #3

I have been rolling one up for 5 years with the awning 05 madp

Tags
awning