RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2018, 04:57 AM   #1

ROZIE stopped working New Aire

Rozie in my NA stopped working?
Art at Silverleaf tells me the module needs to be rebooted but is unsure where it is located? Craig at Newmar sent me to Silverleaf to try to rectify the situation.

On the Silverleaf pad it says Rozie is disabled but I cannot change it?

Anybody have this issue or know where the module is located...or maybe have had to reboot Rozie before and can advise me? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Isn't it amazing... the owner can't call the Newmar NA Rep and ask where a component is located... Better yet, Isn't it amazing our Coaches do not come with a "Configuration Matrix List" telling the owner "what" is aboard their Coach and EQUALLY IMPORTANT, "where" the components are located!! YO, Newmar, as the complexity of these coaches increases this knowledge is going to become CRITICAL!! And BTW, be willing to bet it is located adjacent to the bedroom Silverleaf panel...

Old 05-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
Rozie in my NA stopped working?

Art at Silverleaf tells me the module needs to be rebooted but is unsure where it is located? Craig at Newmar sent me to Silverleaf to try to rectify the situation.

On the Silverleaf pad it says Rozie is disabled but I cannot change it?

Anybody have this issue or know where the module is located...or maybe have had to reboot Rozie before and can advise me? Thanks

The telematics gateway is in the medicine cabinet. You can unplug and replug it there.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
Isn't it amazing... the owner can't call the Newmar NA Rep and ask where a component is located... Better yet, Isn't it amazing our Coaches do not come with a "Configuration Matrix List" telling the owner "what" is aboard their Coach and EQUALLY IMPORTANT, "where" the components are located!! YO, Newmar, as the complexity of these coaches increases this knowledge is going to become CRITICAL!! And BTW, be willing to bet it is located adjacent to the bedroom Silverleaf panel...
Thanks for the replies...turns out the newer NA have there module under the front hatch on the dash.
Rik at Newmar tracked it down at the service center, he originally said that it was in the medicine cabinet as 2 of the NAers currently in the service center had, But upon further investigation and conferring with Ryan the knowledgablable service tech (he was our delivery tech at our FPU) the correct info was found.
Now I go back to Art at Silverleaf to try to get my ROZIE up and running again
Old 05-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #5

More than likely, Rozie failing has not much to do with Silverleaf at all. It's the router or Wi-Fi Ranger is not seeing your hotspot. If you drive off and come back at times it won't find your hotspot. There is a provision to select choose an 'X" by your hotspot. Also make sure you have the 5 min re-check activated.

At least on my coach the router and WiFi Ranger is powered by the switch in the Misc. Equipment section in the overhead panel Image attached. If that does not work, go into your Rozie settings on your Iphone and make sure the hotspot is selected and green in color.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0066 copy.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	203073  
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rozie wasnít working when we did our FPU. It was a bad TM-555 module (located in the medicine cabinet).

After they replaced that module, they had to go into the Telematics Gateway set up and change it from Ethernet to WiFi then back to Ethernet. When we got home, it was not working again. I set it to WiFi and it works fine, I left it there for now. I hope to get some clarity on this issue when we go in for warranty service.
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
Rozie wasnít working when we did our FPU. It was a bad TM-555 module (located in the medicine cabinet).

After they replaced that module, they had to go into the Telematics Gateway set up and change it from Ethernet to WiFi then back to Ethernet. When we got home, it was not working again. I set it to WiFi and it works fine, I left it there for now. I hope to get some clarity on this issue when we go in for warranty service.

Iím having problems leaving mine in Ethernet too. even replaced it. The link light on the 555 cycles on and off. Even tried a different router. Worked fine for like a day or two after replacement and then died again. Havenít pursued it further. But maybe thereís a pattern here.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Quote:

Even though they changed out the TM-555 there is a 99% chance it was not your problem. What fixed the problem was when they did the new set-up. This is info straight from Silverleaf!

Regards
Old 05-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
Even though they changed out the TM-555 there is a 99% chance it was not your problem. What fixed the problem was when they did the new set-up. This is info straight from Silverleaf!
There is a flashing light on the module that wasnít behaving properly. Our FPU Tech was on the phone w/SilverLeaf when they made the decision to replace the module.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:35 AM   #10

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
If you drive off and come back at times it won't find your hotspot. There is a provision to select choose an 'X" by your hotspot. Also make sure you have the 5 min re-check activated.
To explain this a bit more precisely, if you want your Ranger to look for your hotspot you need to ensure that the Failover box is checked on the Setup tab of the Ranger's onscreen control panel. Then the Failover Interval can be set; 5 minutes is the shortest possible interval.

If the Ranger isn't connected to an internet source it will check for its preferred sources in accordance with the selected interval and the order in which the sources are arranged on the Setup tab. Preferred sources can be available hotspots or other wifi networks, or they can be devices plugged into the Ranger by USB or Ethernet.

Joel (AKA docj)
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #11

Quote:
There is a flashing light on the module that wasnít behaving properly. Our FPU Tech was on the phone w/SilverLeaf when they made the decision to replace the module.

Had the same problem on my NA and never replaced the unit, it was the set-up. Even DocJ checked my link. Keep in mind. neither the factory or dealers have any knowledge on the Smart coaches, tech's are "Part Changers".

Here's a few menus below. On the Main menu make sure your Hotspot is has a check mark in the tag position.

On the set-up menu, make sure the "Failover" is both checked and set to 5 min.

Regards - Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ranger2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	203189   Click image for larger version

Name:	ranger1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	203190  

Old 05-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Mike,

Our system is a little different. We don’t have the WiFi Ranger, we have the Wineguard ConnecT in motion WiFi. I’ll look to see if it has similar functionality.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:13 AM   #13

Thanks very much Joel & Mike
Followed your direction as well as changing Rozie to WiFi.
Seems to work so far?
Mark at Silverleaf said that my module (555) wasnít working correctly because i was unable to change over to wifi with out the reboot, so a new one is on the way.
Looks like some teething problems with my NA continues...lastest is a coolant leak that will cause me to stop in Freightliner at Gafney on the way home for service.
Really glad we have Irv2 to bounce all of this off other owners.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
Thanks very much Joel & Mike

Followed your direction as well as changing Rozie to WiFi.

Seems to work so far?

Mark at Silverleaf said that my module (555) wasnít working correctly because i was unable to change over to wifi with out the reboot, so a new one is on the way.

Looks like some teething problems with my NA continues...lastest is a coolant leak that will cause me to stop in Freightliner at Gafney on the way home for service.

Really glad we have Irv2 to bounce all of this off other owners.

I have what I thought was a coolant leak but it may not be. Can you describe what makes you think you have a coolant leak?

Tags
air