Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #71

Maybe is just isn't something started on THIS forum then. I asked a few campers around me in TT's and fivers if they knew if they had a "salesmen switch" and if so where it was. They all looked at me like I was smoking crack! When I told them it was the battery disconnect switch they all knew what I was talking about.

So maybe it is a "coach" thing, or a class A thing.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2019, 09:58 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
The brand name is Battery Minder. There is a Battery Tender, but it does not have the pulse charge. I do not like it as well as the Battery minder. I use two. One for the house batteries and one for the Chassis battery. They are plugged into a small extension cord. They draw very little current and stay plugged in all the time. They are available online or through Harbor Freight. The cost is less than $50.00 each. They do have expensive ones but they do not work any better than the cheaper ones. I planned on using the cheaper ones and just throwing them away when they failed, but I have had these for years and no failure.

Probably a dumb question, but will one battery minder charge all 6 of my 6V coach batteries? How does that work? I would have thought you would need to move the minder from battery to battery......
Shawn E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:26 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn E View Post
Probably a dumb question, but will one battery minder charge all 6 of my 6V coach batteries? How does that work? I would have thought you would need to move the minder from battery to battery......
All 6 of your 6 volt batteries are wired as one large 12 volt battery bank. They will charge together as one, as long as the device is connected properly.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:31 PM   #74

Thanks
Shawn E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:37 PM   #75

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydream37 View Post
I have had different brand coaches for many years and have always called it the salesman switch. Since before the internet.
DITTO!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:29 PM   #76

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
The brand name is Battery Minder. There is a Battery Tender, but it does not have the pulse charge. I do not like it as well as the Battery minder. I use two. One for the house batteries and one for the Chassis battery. They are plugged into a small extension cord. They draw very little current and stay plugged in all the time. They are available online or through Harbor Freight. The cost is less than $50.00 each. They do have expensive ones but they do not work any better than the cheaper ones. I planned on using the cheaper ones and just throwing them away when they failed, but I have had these for years and no failure.
Thanks!
Old 06-21-2019, 07:42 PM   #77

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
I've been using the predecessor to this one for over 6 years and have been very pleased with the performance. With a Trik-L-Start it keeps all 6 of my batteries charged while in storage and does not boil them dry every month.
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...9aACCFA&adurl=
Thanks!

Tags
sale, switch