Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
I always dump black tank first, then gray. Have not noticed oder issue with my 2018 Sanitcon. If you use the gray to flush the pump doubt there would be much odor from residual gray fluid left in pump.
Right, after dumping the black I flush until the water runs clear since I leave the grey open.
Sanicon hose stinks. Been using mine since September, didn’t start to stink until about two weeks ago. I believe the smell is coming from the sewer, not my coach tanks. If my black valve is closed most of the time and the hose is running gray water constantly, why should it stink?
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 06:24 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Right, after dumping the black I flush until the water runs clear since I leave the grey open.

Sanicon hose stinks. Been using mine since September, didn’t start to stink until about two weeks ago. I believe the smell is coming from the sewer, not my coach tanks. If my black valve is closed most of the time and the hose is running gray water constantly, why should it stink?

So Bill, your stationary, and continually hooked up? I was thinking you had unhooked and had the hose caped. If it’s coming from the park sewer, would it not be the same with the slinky?
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #17
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post

Do you leave your Sanicon hose out while you are camping? At FPU, I was told to only take out the Sanicon hose when I needed to dump and then put it back in the wet bay area; otherwise, it would cause smells. You have a month on me, so I'm going to pay attention and see what happens.
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARD View Post
Do you leave your Sanicon hose out while you are camping? At FPU, I was told to only take out the Sanicon hose when I needed to dump and then put it back in the wet bay area; otherwise, it would cause smells. You have a month on me, so I'm going to pay attention and see what happens.
We had a 4 way conversation today. Me, Mike at Newmar, the Thetford lady and the service writer at Freedom RV. I asked if the sanicon was designed to be left hooked up and Thetford said absolutely. Use it just like a regular sewer hose. Stuart, I’ve never had a sliny smell like this sanicon hose.

So if someone at the factory says to only use it to dump, that makes the case that the hose is gas permeable. Thetford says no.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote