Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2018, 01:57 AM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Bill.....again, congrats on the new coach. Those that poo poo the SaniCon typically have never used one. The hose stores in your wet bay, never has to be disconnected or even cleaned. If you pump out your black and then your gray, you just cap the hose end and put it away. No more dragging hoses around, cleaning them, have them drip on your shoes and then trying to delicately stuff it somewhere without getting wet.

I've been using the SaniCon since 2005.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2018, 02:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"timekeeper"......Please show us a photo of the SaniCon unit you own and tried, but didn't like. You must have had one to have the opinion you provided.
Don, If u read correctly, never said I had a SaniCon. As I stated IMO an item that is not needed unless you feel conventional dumping is not for u.
Power Steering,Comfort Drive and Disc Brakes are great products, I’m not against progress. Also never had a standard hose drip on my foot,never had to clean it out ( except to backwash before disconnecting). I saw the extra clutter in the backwash bay it provided and made my decision that it was an unneeded item for me “IMO”.
You really have to realize that not everyone has the same opinion
I didn’t purchase the fancy drive warning,lane midigation system either...another item that I felt was unneeded....As my farther used to say “ different strokes, different folks”
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:13 AM   #17

I looked at having SaniCon installed. In a total of 3 years full timing we have been stuck at 2 or 3 places where their ground sewer inlet was about the same level as the RVs sewer outlet. Obviously during those times it would have been great to have a system to pump my black water.

I guess the bottom line for me is that installing the system just isn't worth it. Like someone else mentioned it is another system that can and will fail. It only takes me a few minutes to dump my black tank and backflush it several times. With macerating toilets there are never any solids anyway.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Very pleased with the Sanicon system and don't miss the old traditional way with the huge slinky at all!
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #19
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I try to avoid providing negative opinions of things I've never tried! I pass and let those who have tried a product rate it. Many who give negative opinions of the SaniCon, seem to forget that those who like them, didn't start using them on their very first day of camping. I've been RVing for over 45 years, I do know how a 3" hose works and the dirty job of cleaning and storing it.

I just never see why someone adds a negative review of something they never tried.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #20

I appreciate hearing the pros and cons, here, and also know that some things do NOT need to be experienced, in order to stay away from; hence me never trying Crack, Heroin, or jumping from a plane without a parachute. LOL

Seriously, though, let’s keep the info and feedback coming...it’s something we’re all benefiting from. Just as those who don’t want to spend $4k on a radio system just in order to get the 360 cameras, we can’t criticize those who HAVE spent that money and truly love that system.

Me? I’m just looking for perfection...for free! [emoji23]
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I try to avoid providing negative opinions of things I've never tried! I pass and let those who have tried a product rate it. Many who give negative opinions of the SaniCon, seem to forget that those who like them, didn't start using them on their very first day of camping. I've been RVing for over 45 years, I do know how a 3" hose works and the dirty job of cleaning and storing it.

I just never see why someone adds a negative review of something they never tried.
Excellent point Don. I actually bought my first sanicon last year out of curiosity.

At that time there was a lot of conversation about the bad install and disappointing progress to rectify. What struck me is that with all of the trouble, people where still using it. I was perplexed as to what I was missing out on, as I had never had trouble with a gravity drain.

I decided to try it out, and I am glad I did. So much cleaner to use, and faster to store. I am a happy convert, and glad I gave it a try.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Excellent point Don. I actually bought my first sanicon last year out of curiosity.

At that time there was a lot of conversation about the bad install and disappointing progress to rectify. What struck me is that with all of the trouble, people where still using it. I was perplexed as to what I was missing out on, as I had never had trouble with a gravity drain.

I decided to try it out, and I am glad I did. So much cleaner to use, and faster to store. I am a happy convert, and glad I gave it a try.

And, the GOOD news is...
DS Don is close enough to do MY install when I ever decide!! Right Don? ;-)
Old 12-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dave View Post
Very pleased with the Sanicon system and don't miss the old traditional way with the huge slinky at all!
Yep, and I've removed, taken apart, purchased a impeller replacement kit, and put all back in place.
Still wouldn't go back to the slinky !
Old 12-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #24

Here are my two cents worth. I've used it just once, an RV dump in the Pilot RV lane. Unscrew 1" cap, insert adapter, open black tank drain valve, push switch. Repeat for gray tank, remove adapter, screw on cap, put hose in bay. Sure I want to go back to bayonet fittings, stuffing a collapsible hose in a square vinyl post cover then capping the end. Sanicon makes the most undesirable task an easy thing. I'll never go back.
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Has the Sanicon 600 option in the 2018 and 2019 Dutch Stars had some issues, Absolutely!
The pump is mounted upside down, keeping it from draining out, and the outlet hose is extremely fragile. Some have remounted the pump correctly, others are still waiting for Newmar to get their act together and provide the “official fix”. The hose can be covered with a nylon cover that seems to provide the much needed protection of the hose
To answer the OP’s question:
Is the Sanicon option a good idea? I would for sure order it again, to me the cleanliness, speed and convenience makes it worth it to me. So much easier then dealing with the stinky slinky and all of it’s accessories.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #26

Quote:

Holly Cow.....relax! I didn't mean to step on your toes and you should not take my comments as a "negative review" of your SaniCon system. I just said I considered it and it wasn't for me. You are getting your panties in a wad over nothing. You like the system and you stated as much. I decided against it and I expressed that.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #27
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"FLJOE"....my comment wasn't directed at you!

"CaptainGizmo".....I'll help anyone install anything if they want to come by my house. Too many tools to travel.

Lastly, I'll apologize for my comment about those who haven't tried something, shouldn't opine about it. I've been using the SaniCon for 15 years, have had friends buy it and love it and just disagree when someone poo poo's it without trying.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:53 PM   #28

Quote:
"
"CaptainGizmo".....I'll help anyone install anything if they want to come by my house. Too many tools to travel.

Of COURSE! Have beers-WILL travel!
You’re the best!