Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #1

Satellite Hookup 14 Ventana

Hoping someone can help with my hook up for roof top satellite. I will do Dish programming and think I need Dish ViP211K receiver(s)? Documentation that came with coach is lacking a great deal on how to do this, or and very possible I just do not understand instructions.

What I know I have and factory installed.
1. Winegard RTT-40B Sat roof top.
2. HI Definition TV Cables
3. One spare RG6 cable in front OH with all other Entertainment devices
4. Bedroom connection inside entertainment cabinet with tag that says Roof Mount.
5. Bedroom HDMI connection inside entertainment cabinet.
6. Exterior TV

What I believe but do not know.
1. Does item 3 above hook to satellite receiver?
2. Does item 4 above provide a place to hook up a 2nd receiver or does it connect to primary receiver? I assume the connection goes to Satellite?
3. Will the exterior TV receive satellite signal from primary receiver?
4. Can I use one receiver and watch two channels (living area and bedroom or exterior?

Lots of questions but I am in over my head and do not want to purchase any Dish receivers before I know what I need and how many.

Love the coach after 9 days but documentation for me is lacking. Maybe it's just me lacking.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Os ok,

You will need two receivers. One for the bedroom which will be for the bedroom TV only. The second receiver will control the main TV in the Irving room and also your outside TV.

Others will chime in if I am wrong.

KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #3

Just finished putting the second receiver in the bedroom of our 2014 Dutch Star.

Question 1. yes, Question 2 That is the connection for the second receiver. Question 3. Yes Question 4, the front Receiver is the main one, you can watch different sat channels in the bedroom as long as they are are on the same satellite transponder as the primary receiver, unless yours has a dual LNB. Mine is an in motion sat and everything is predicated off the main receiver
Old 04-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #4

Thanks for you two clearing this up for me. Sounds like I do need two receivers.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Check to make sure the Winegard is not setup for the default DirectTV. If it is, there are dip switches in the Winegard that need to be changed. www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452219.pdf
saleishear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleishear View Post
Check to make sure the Winegard is not setup for the default DirectTV. If it is, there are dip switches in the Winegard that need to be changed. www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452219.pdf
You are correct it is default setup for DirectTV. Did see in Doc's what to change dip switches to. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #7

I read earlier this year that Dish doesn't offer the traveller option any longer, DirecTV still does.
You might want to check this out.

Tags
satellite, vent