Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2014, 04:04 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
BigDogSolo - I'm going to try to get back to your original question. The new MADP and DSDP now share a Freightliner chassis, that is why they are limited to 43 foot. If you want a Spartan chassis you have to move up to the Essex. Both are good chassis, but they are different. A HUGE advantage to Newmar (IMHO) is if you're buying new the factory will work with you and allow you to customize your coach within reason. Both the DS and Ma are well built with easy access for servicing and quality. The biggest difference that I've seen between the two is the finish. Generally speaking the MA line comes standard with some higher end finishes and options. Newmar considers the Mountain Aire, Essex, and King Aire their luxury line. As such if you need technical assistance they have a dedicated group that deals with just those models. One of the things that I love most about Newmar is that they work with you. I had a problem with a board on my HWH leveling system and I couldn't get anyone at HWH to call me back. I called Newmar and they called HWH on my behalf and got me connected with them in a 3 way call. I got the part ordered from HWH, a couple of weeks later Newmar called me back to make sure everything worked out. Good luck on your decision and hopefully you'll become part of the Newmar family.
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #16

As a newbie to this board and a new Newmar owner I can second the high level of service. I purchased a 2008 Ventana 3330 and for some unknown reason it came without a VGT turbo brake switch. Numerous calls to Cummins and Spartan got me nowhere. It was Jessica in service that went to the trouble of finding someone that works in engineering but worked in service at the time the unit was built in 2007. She resoved the problem, gave me the exact switch and part number I needed and I could purchase it right from Newmar. First impressions mean a lot. Plus with the factory only 4 hours from me location played a factor,but not if I felt the quality wasn't there.
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #17

We are new to the Newmar family having just purchased our Ventana 4369 10 months ago. We have had many different brands of motorhomes including 2 Prevosts over 40 years of traveling. We have been in service centers all over the United States. We, however, have never met a better group of people, a more helpful group of people that the people associated with this Newmar product. My DH is already talking about getting another one, and I know whatever model he chooses, it will definitely be a Newmar.

SOLD 2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Had a 2000 DSDP 3865 and now a 2002 DSDP 4090 (custom floorplan). Really like the Newmars and am kind of looking at a new DSDP now (sticker comes out at $394,000 and change). When the dealer (no longer in business after he lost his Newmar contract) was unable to fix it plus the overweight front axle Newmar stepped in and did the right thing. Got it fixed and have been happy ever since. Parents had an Airstream Excella and then a ForeTravel. We can't afford a ForeTravel but the Newmar is built with the same care and quality but in our price range.
The main things we like about Newmar are the quality and their willingness to work with you on custom orders. In our present 4090 we had them remove bath walls and doors to open the plan up to my wife's spec's.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by msy4us View Post
We are new to the Newmar family having just purchased our Ventana 4369 10 months ago. We have had many different brands of motorhomes including 2 Prevosts over 40 years of traveling. We have been in service centers all over the United States. We, however, have never met a better group of people, a more helpful group of people that the people associated with this Newmar product. My DH is already talking about getting another one, and I know whatever model he chooses, it will definitely be a Newmar.
That's so good to hear. All of the MH manufacturers that are still alive know that we buy based on a lot of things, but after the sale, service is a biggie. We really can't knock any of the competitors, but Newmar has made us feel comfortable with their service. Now, just put a Country Coach Dynomax chassis(monocoque) and frame around a Newmar and watch out!! Or put a legacy Monaco Roadmaster with 10 airbags and Comfort Drive on a new coach. We love our Spartan K3, but, we all lost out when the folks that made the frame to fit the coach went away.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:43 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Our second new NEWMAR coach, a 2014 Mountain Aire 4369, is in production and will be delivered 2/6/14. Our first was a 2008 Dutch Star 4023. Newmar is the only coach that we will ever own. If you want to know the options we ordered for the MADP, let me know.
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4Me4Life View Post
Our second new NEWMAR coach, a 2014 Mountain Aire 4369, is in production and will be delivered 2/6/14. Our first was a 2008 Dutch Star 4023. Newmar is the only coach that we will ever own. If you want to know the options we ordered for the MADP, let me know.
Such a good pick! DW and I were at an RV show in San Antonio and Ancira RV had a Ventana 4369 and a Mountain Aire 4364. We both preferred the Ventana (DW mostly for the layout). You picked the right model and the right layout!!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogSolo View Post
Hi All,
Just thought this would be a great place to get your honest opinions on Owning a Newmar.

We are on our second coach and currently own a nice 2010 Tiffin 42.5' Phaeton Bath and Half. We have been pleased with her. But for some reason seem to be drawn to the Newmar Mountaineer or newer Dutch Star Tags. Its been my observation that their interiors are catching up in design and "niceties" with some of their counterparts. Im also taken by the Comfort Drive and IFS. I have seen the videos of the changes for 14.

I think what I would like to know is ....as owners, how has your experience been with this brand and most importantly factory service. Many of you have heard how Bob Tiffin deals with this and I am thinking the Millers stand behind there product as well.
We travel about 10-15k miles per year and work out of it when on the road. Reliability, floor plan and serviceability are important.
I also know that no coach is without problems etc.

It appears Newmars reputation and construction are top notch, but certainly would like to hear from anyone on their opinions as owners especially with say 2009 to now models.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sal
Ditto! We love our 09 Tiffin Phaeton 42QRH but will replace it in the next 1 - 3 years and are headed to Indiana this April to check out the Newmar factory. IMHO we are in the catbird seat & can't go wrong... Tiffin has been great but Newmar looks to be as good or better.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4Me4Life View Post

That floor plan is so close to how we customized our 4346 it's crazy. My wife and I were both shocked.

Just get rid of the booth seats and make that cabinet deeper, that's our living room.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #24

What we had done at the factory didn't need to be done there. But, we thought, why not go by there and see what happens.

Newmar did far more than the couple items we asked for. They upgraded our front heater (Oasis) and got Dometic to replace to full wall slide topper.

They even tried to get Frigidaire to warranty the microwave, even though I said we'd pay for the upgrade. We finally paid for the upgrade, but they did try to get Frigidaire to pay part.

Tags
newmar, purchase