Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Searching the forum: there must be a trick to it!

I've tried many times to use the search function on this forum...and, IRV2 in general...with very little luck. I just can't seem to find things. Does the IRV2 search function use standard search parameters like quote marks and plus signs to narrow the search? When I use them, I get threads ranging from soup to nuts without any seeming relationship to what I'm looking for? What am I doing wrong?

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I'd like to see the answer to that..
I have the same problem, I get so much unrelated info, it is staggering..
Angler3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Type in that powered by google widget in the upper right, left of your username. Leave IRV2.com selected and type your phrase just as you would with google. This will actually use google to search this site specifically. Right-click and open links in a new tab/window as desired so you keep your search results.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Very good questions I will try to make it simple for you.
The info I will give is how I find things on the Newmar portion of the forum but you can direct your questions to any forum in irv2 to find information that has been discussed many times to answer peoples questions,in that forum.

I have place links for irv2 search and BING search in QT's and Tech links.
For instance the TECH INFORMATION Link below in my signature has the links top of thread and the # 3 QT's link at the beginning of the threads,

When you enter these links you will get the search engine that will have two locations to enter.
I have always used widgit #1 and scroll down it to the NEWMAR FORUM search location for instance I will ask this question "MY SLIDE DOES NOT FUNCTION" and this is the result.

You will notice I have not given any information on year of coach, type of coach and which slide it maybe, you can enter this info and get a more detailed search.

Another thing you will notice it will show irv2 search and the forum 103 after you have placed your question you can now save that link for further questions with out going back the the widget link always save the end information of your question.

ARE YOU STILL FOLLOWING ME.
OK lets try BING Link I have found this link can be for any motor home search for water tank info, electrical info or just the lay out of coach your interested in.

Start with link BING and we will ask for the " LAYOUT OF NEWMAR 2003 KOUNTRY STAR WATER SYSTEM" and the result.

As you can see your get more than what you asked for but everything is related to my 2003 KSCA gas coach because I entered the year and coach type so it freely gives you all the info it has on that year coach.
I have seen interior pictures of my MOD's I placed in my coach in BING at the end of this link.

If you have any questions just ask I am here.
Yes below in my signature there are many answers for your Newmar by members of this forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Type in that powered by google widget in the upper right, left of your username. Leave IRV2.com selected and type your phrase just as you would with google. This will actually use google to search this site specifically. Right-click and open links in a new tab/window as desired so you keep your search results.
Hi, Neal.

I did as you suggested, but it brings in results from all of IRV2. I'm trying to search just the Newmar Owners forum. I've tried the "Search this forum" app, but it returns a whole lot of extraneous posts or threads, depending on which I select.

TJ
Old 10-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #6

Change the "Results" criteria from "Show threads" to "Show Posts". Then you get to see the post that triggered your search result without having to wade through an entire thread.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks, 007, for the links to rurocking's widgets. And, thanks to rurocking for creating and hosting them. This is a very big improvement; at least, for me. I have added the links to my favorites and will be using the widgets for my future searches.

NealC: What started this was me looking for your thread regarding replacing the shower mixing valve. A half hour with the site and forum search functions did not find it; 20 seconds with the rurocking large widget did the trick. I'm sold.

TJ
Old 10-12-2017, 01:28 PM   #8
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Now, if I can just get my uploaded photos to load right-side-up, things will really be looking up. They were right-side-up when they were taken and uploaded, but displayed up-side-down. I'll keep working at it.

Technology ain't easy for some of us dinosaurs!

TJ
Old 10-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/ques...ol-343646.html
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is the same question using the Newmar search engine, the answer.

I know what you mean JIM my biggest problem is the xxxx windows 10 software and Contana popping up, over sensitive scrolling if my big finger hits surface and screen goes haywire, I had down loaded back to earlier restore one finger scrolling and Windows over night reloads the latest W-10 update, they shove their crap on us, maybe we should go bite the APPLE.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #11
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Thanks, Neal.

Yep, that's the thread rurocking's widget found for me. I was curious about your shower valve replacement. My 2014 LE has a two-valve unit instead of the single-handle mixer. I might investigate how easy...or hard...it might be to convert my shower to the single-handle mixer.

TJ
Old 10-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #12

Searching IRV2

I find that using the imbedded search function is easier. You have to be in the "root" thread of the "Newmar Owner's Forum" and pick the "Search this Forum" box (see red circle in first photo). Then select Advanced Search at the bottom of that screen and select "Search Titles Only" to find the threads that meet your criteria.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	179629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	179630  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 3.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	179631  
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Pardon me for pointing out the obvious - this whole issue is begging for a more user-friendly solution.
Bushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #14
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushy View Post
Pardon me for pointing out the obvious - this whole issue is begging for a more user-friendly solution.
Ya think?

Tags
forum