Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Judgebobk,

The sensors come in 6",12" & 16" lengths.
Thanks.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
RJ51,

Thank you and nice looking installation.

I am having the extra wire installed at the build going to the cabinet above the copilot chair. Was there a reason you chose the front bath over that cabinet?
Steele,
Thanks, The reason I installed it in the half bath was because it was very easy to run the wires up through the wall from the pegboard area, There was not any room left in the cabinet over the passenger side and also it would have been too difficult and time consuming to do that. But if you're having the factory do that then you're all set.

I had Newmar run the wires from the fuse panel to the wet bay and the pegboard area, so that was done for me already.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67vette View Post
I have 2017 DSDP 4018 and just left the FMCA Rally in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. I had Garnet install the system and got the Bluetooth version (my wife and I both have on our phones) They didn't have to run any wiring up to control panel, as mentioned they removed the peg board to attach strips, and ran a wire to wet bay attached gauge so you can also see levels from there We love it, as we do a bit of dry camping this system was worth every $$ I spent. I highly recommend
Wow--I didn't think the Bluetooth version was available yet! I'll bet you're one of the first to have that model... Slick!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:13 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67vette View Post
I have 2017 DSDP 4018 and just left the FMCA Rally in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. I had Garnet install the system and got the Bluetooth version (my wife and I both have on our phones) They didn't have to run any wiring up to control panel, as mentioned they removed the peg board to attach strips, and ran a wire to wet bay attached gauge so you can also see levels from there We love it, as we do a bit of dry camping this system was worth every $$ I spent. I highly recommend

Spill it

Tell us everything!!! Been waiting for news on this item for some time now.

Very cool to have an actual member with one installed....

Don't worry about being long winded...I love details
Old 03-30-2017, 11:32 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Lol, monitoring waste tanks via bluetooth on your phone
Old 03-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #20

Here's what I ordered and some installation details. http://slowlanerv.blogspot.com/2017/...ng-system.html
Old 03-30-2017, 12:26 PM   #21

We just purchased the blue tooth model, it was available at the FMCA rally. We were given the new shorter "sensitive " strips
Old 03-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just today received the parts for adding SeeLevel II to my 2017 DSDP 4369. My tanks are behind the pegboard on the passenger rear most bay. It's somewhat a pain to get behind so i wanted to post my findings. Fresh tank is 10" high, grey and black are both 9". So the standard 12" sensor from Garnet will work for all. BTW I discovered from a few other posters on this forum that if you replace the existing Digi-level monitor in the "gauge bay" above the passenger seat you will disconnect the auto fill function for the fresh water tank. I am adding two monitors one in the half bath and one in the wet bay. Yes it is an independent system and yes that means I have to run new wires but my gosh they are all easily accessible in the basement bays and I'm only looking at about 10 feet of wiring. Just sharing what I decided to do. BTW we are full timers and I didn't want to have the peg board bay all torn up for the next 3 to 4 weeks waiting for the blue tooth option.
eggman1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #23

What are the shorter more sensitive strips? How much more sensitive are they and how short are they. How long did it take to install by the experts? Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #24

There really aren't any more details about the Bluetooth version that I already stated. I did go to Apple Store and download the Garnet app. They told me at the show they just finished a 6 mo test and that he only brought 12 versions to the rally (with 2300 coaches) I obviously am not as handy as some out there and with it being new I felt I would have an someone with more knowledge than I do the install and it only took 1.5 hrs. once again I love it, hope this answers all the questions
67vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:53 PM   #25

I think the question was what does it do? Anyway, I just went to the App Store and searched on "garnetrv" and downloaded the app. You can then try it out in demo mode and see that it shows the tank percents and battery level.
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
I spoke to garnet a week ago and they said that they had some Bluetooth units for display at the FMCA rally and sold all of them. They are hoping to get more units ready for sale by the end of May. I just installed a 709 P-3 unit last weekend very easy just have to buy a new momentary switch the one supplied with the display panel is a on/off straight switch. I had the 1/3-2/3 display type that I removed. I used two wires for the sending units and two wires for the water pump switch. Also I noted what the levels the that the electric toilette are at on the black tank.
Good Luck
JP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0718.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	156614   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0726.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	156615  

Name:	IMG_0728.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	156616   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0730.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	156617  

Name:	OJMG8425.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	156618   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0752.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	156619  

Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The Canadian site has them in stock.
In fact if you order today you get a $60.00 discounted introductory sale price.
Kim will be glad to see you get your product. 780-467-8654
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
The Canadian site has them in stock.
In fact if you order today you get a $60.00 discounted introductory sale price.
Kim will be glad to see you get your product. 780-467-8654
How do you access the Canadian site from the U.S.? And who is Kim?
Thanks!
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote