Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2018, 12:47 PM   #1

See New Rig during build

We got our production number from our salesman yesterday and the dates in mid April it will be in the main building.

We're planning to take tours on back to back days to catch some glimpses of it on the line.

Any tips on what we can expect during the tours?
Will we be allowed to take some photos?
We took a tour there last fall and I seem to remember signs stating no photos.

I assume we'll only get a few minutes to spend watching our particular rig. So we'll try to take both tours on both days.
We actually live close enough to drive down every day it's in the main building but doubt we will.
Pikkleballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Pikkleballer,
You have the correct plan. Keep checking with Newmar to ensure there is no disappointment on the coordination of visibility dates. Try real hard to get to see your coach before they put the insulation in. Carry a large magic marker. Ask to sign the wall before they put the insulation in. Yes you will be able to take pictures of your coach only.

To get all things you want done, let the lady conducting the tour know your production number (coach number) as soon as you can. This gives her time to determine where the coach is on the line.

The afternoon tour is usually better for pictures than the morning tour. However, in your situation I'd take pictures on both tours. Assume nothing, ask permission. The ladies that host the tours are very accommodating. In the past there are 3 ladies that host the tours. Different hosts may give you a different answer to your personal visit question. If this happens try again on the next tour.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #3

I would call ahead and talk with Michelle Howard. Make her aware of your plans and objective and she, or someone is sales, can track your coach and help best coordinate your visit. Sometimes they will make special picture accommodations as well. Do this work days in advance of showing up for the tours.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
So you bought a.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikkleballer View Post
We got our production number from our salesman yesterday and the dates in mid April it will be in the main building.

We're planning to take tours on back to back days to catch some glimpses of it on the line.

Any tips on what we can expect during the tours?
Will we be allowed to take some photos?
We took a tour there last fall and I seem to remember signs stating no photos.

I assume we'll only get a few minutes to spend watching our particular rig. So we'll try to take both tours on both days.
We actually live close enough to drive down every day it's in the main building but doubt we will.
Did you buy an Anonymous 44B? Wonderful floorplan too.
wayno347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
44B is not a Newmar model designation.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
According to their site Newmar is not giving tours through March 31st, however they are going back to their normal two tour per day schedule April 2. This may be due to their factory expansion.

They say no photos, however in the past if your coach is on the line they did permit you to take photos of your coach. Since some of the Amish workers do not like their faces in photos they request that you ask any workers who would be in a photo for permission. This is they way it was during my last tour in 2014, it may have changed since then so as always it's best to ask.

In 2008 I was allowed to stay as long as I wanted after the tour watching my coach being built, I can't remember who, if anyone, stayed with my son and I during that time but I was very grateful for the opportunity to closely inspect the coach and take as many pictures as I liked. Of course this may have changed as well.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:20 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on the new build. I went up for ours in the fall of 2016 & went to 3 of the 4 build days. To your questions, yes you’ll be able to take pictures of your coach on each tour. In regards to time you’ll probably get at least 10 minutes if not longer (depending on size of tour). Typically they’ll let you go a little ahead of the group to walk around & go in coach depending on how far along it is. I lucked out on the Friday afternoon tour as I ended up being the only person on the tour so we just went straight to our coach & hung out for about 45 minutes at it! Enjoy the time & feel free to ask any other questions. You’ll love the experience & all the great Newmar folks you will meet.
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #8

You’re in for a wonderful experience. We were there 3 days last April while our coach was on the line. We were allowed to take all the photos we wanted of our’s and our host Kristi took photos of us with our partially completed Canyon Star. We met other folks whose coach was on the line and we’re still keeping in touch. The Newmar people are a great group. We’ll be traveling there for an April 30th. service appointment and are again looking forward to our visit. Enjoy your visit and welcome to the Newmar family.

Harold & Becky
2017 Newmar 3513 Canyon Star
2017 Ford Edge
HWCJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #9

On the tour we took, there were a few people with a coach being built in the group. Our tour guide allowed them to stay behind the tour to take pics and talk to the techs. One of them was almost completed and they were allowed to go inside and stayed for a long while.
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #10

We bought a Canyon Star 3513.
It will be our first Class A.....a little nervous about driving it, especially with taking delivery at a dealer in an urban setting. I guess it can't be too much different than our 31' Class C. I know it's going to feel much different sitting so far forward with that huge windshield.

GaryKD, after reading a few of your posts last fall I discovered we took the same factory tour together late last summer.

I was happy to hear our dealer wants a week to prep it after they take delivery. I've heard they do a good job with the PDI.

When we go on the tours will anyone at the factory be able to tell us when the rig will be in final inspection? I would like a chance to get in it at that point.
Pikkleballer is offline   Reply With Quote